What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Budget cell phone

Mr. Friendly

Until I got a cell phone, and discovered just how hard it is to type, I had always assumed it was, like, you know, illiteracy. :devilish:
I hate the virtual keyboards...and sure wish there was a physical keyboard option for the iPhone. I'm too invested in the iOS ecosystem to go back to Android now...so...I'm hooped. :(

mills53535

Xiaomi Redmi 4 is the company's latest model in the sub-Rs. 10,000 segment. Unlike premium smartphones, budget phones seem to have shorter life cycles, and the Redmi series is the perfect example of this. The Xiaomi Redmi 3S(and Redmi 3S Prime) launched in India in August last year, and the company claims that they are the highest selling smartphones in the online segment, having sold four million units in just nine months. Despite this, the all-new Xiaomi Redmi 4 will soon replace the popular Redmi 3S (and Redmi 3S Prime). Xiaomi has so far seen a string of successes with its Redmi range, with most models finding place in our periodic lists of the best budget phones. This new Xiaomi Redmi 4 will not only have to take on the competition, but also live up to its predecessor in a lot of ways, and it certainly seems like an improvement when it comes to specifications.

nToxik

I bought my OnePlus One in 2014 for around $500 and still use it today. It's not supported anymore by OnePlus One so I installed https://lineageos.org/ on it and it runs better than it ever did.

sswilson

Staff member
what's happened to Blu? they have a couple nice phones...but no availability in Canada.
All I ever remember seeing from them were dirt cheap phones in pre-paid blister packs, but I did see a phone listed under their "bold" branding the other day.....

Mr. Friendly

yeah, the Bold N1 is nice...but I like the G9 Pro more. running an older P60 vs the N1's P70...but bigger screen and no motorized pop up camera that's just beaking to be broken or fail, never to be used.

they sell on Amazon.com, but no resellers ship to Canada, so I can't even see pricing. :p

moocow

I recall seeing BLU in MS Store in Burnaby's Metrotown mall a few years back. I guess there's no point in carrying it now that MS killed their phone platform. I admit Xiaomi looks interesting but more research is needed regarding the supported frequencies and the whole Android not being allowed on Chinese tech anymore. Sure US just extended Huwei's license by another 90 days but you never know.

elenaaustin87

My Xiaomi mi max 3 has been very impressive. For under $300. Won't be going back to major makers.

Latest posts

Twitter