What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Building a low powered Android PC with touchscreen monitor

justmehereajax

I will experiment during the long break... I hate making E-waste. I know $50 is not much for some fire tablet... but $50 is $50. I would like to build something that will give me the feeling: "OMG this thing still works??? its like 5+ years old and still running fine"

Since 2012 most of my purchases electronically have lasted at least 5 years + as I invest in quality and ample power. I love the feeling of buying something ages ago and it still works for my needs.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I will experiment during the long break... I hate making E-waste. I know $50 is not much for some fire tablet... but $50 is $50. I would like to build something that will give me the feeling: "OMG this thing still works??? its like 5+ years old and still running fine"

Since 2012 most of my purchases electronically have lasted at least 5 years + as I invest in quality and ample power. I love the feeling of buying something ages ago and it still works for my needs.
Commendable, I'm absolutely the same way. Still running multiple computers that are 8+ years old, every day. Good luck to ya, and let us know what happens. If you find a way to get x86 hardware running native android os and apps with stability, I'd be eager to hear how. Good luck!

Latest posts

Twitter