What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Building a powerhouse rig - Advice appreciated

Lalji

Hello All,

I'm building a new rig after several years and I'm hoping I can get some advice. I've done my due diligence, but I may have missed something subtle, such as the RAM isn't ideal for this mobo, or that the GPU won't fit with that case, etc. So, any help is appreciated.

1. What YOUR PC will be used for:
- Gaming and Work. I want the PC to be ultra fast, I want to load windows in seconds and I want to load my applications quickly. I want to support 4K gaming at 144Hz.

2. What YOUR budget is:
I'm looking at $10,000.00 with monitors, tax, shipping, etc... All in.

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from:
CANADA!!!

4. IF YOU have a brand preference:
No preference, but I want the case and components to be mostly white.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are:
Just my KB (Logitech), Mouse (Logitech), External HDDs, Headphones (Sennheiser), and smaller components.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads:
Didn't find anything with these parts.

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
I don't plan to OC much, if any at all.

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
As soon as I can buy the darn CPU and GPU.

9. What resolution and settings do you use:
I'll be getting the LG 27GN950-B, so I plan to game at 4K at 144Hz. I'll reduce settings if my rig can't support 4K.

10. Are there any specific technologies you want:
My entire part selection is based on "what I want". For example, M.2 NVME, multiple USB ports, Gigabit LAN, Etc...

Please note, I'm okay to downgrade the CPU to 5900X and the price of the GPU on pcpartpicker is incorrect, I don't know why. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/q3PGRT

Thank you in advance!

GeezerGamer

Please be aware in regards to the width of the 3090 and how stiff or pliable your GPU power cables are. I'm concerned with the space you might have to play with between the GPU and glass side panel on your case selection!
I must say though the Lian Li 011 Dynamic is an awesome case:)

GeezerGamer

One thing, It's probably just a place holder, but if it's not, please don't pay 5k for that video card.
+1 x 1000!
If you go with a 3090 Canada Computers has several variants at half that price!

Dwayne

Nice looking build. I would think about upping the PSU to 1k or even a tad higher. Other than that parts preference is the only difference in our builds, more or less, and the 3090. I just can't convince myself to get one of those beasts :).

Lalji

One thing, It's probably just a place holder, but if it's not, please don't pay 5k for that video card.
100% placeholder - LOL!

Please be aware in regards to the width of the 3090 and how stiff or pliable your GPU power cables are. I'm concerned with the space you might have to play with between the GPU and glass side panel on your case selection!
I must say though the Lian Li 011 Dynamic is an awesome case:)
Oh, I didn't think of that!! How the heck do I test that? LOL!

+1 x 1000!
If you go with a 3090 Canada Computers has several variants at half that price!
Yeah, definitely not paying that, I see no stock though.

If you're spending that much I'd just be going for a kingpin.
I wanted the 360mm white radiator.

Nice looking build. I would think about upping the PSU to 1k or even a tad higher. Other than that parts preference is the only difference in our builds, more or less, and the 3090. I just can't convince myself to get one of those beasts :).
Thanks for the advice. It's killing me shelling out the money for the 3090, but the wife is letting me do it, so why not?