What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Building my first Computer

Labrador

First Time Building a PC Hi Guys My first time poster here and English is not my first native language so i have misspelled and my formatting is not the best

I am brand-new in to buldnings pc and last week I decided which project I will have this fall and that is to build my new Gaming PC, the budget is 16 000sek/1600 euros and I have looked around on various sites found my parts cheapest at amazon.de

Had planned to order the parts in mid-October because Amazon will come to the Swedish market and I want to see if it is cheaper to order from their otherwise I will buy the parts from Germany

The parts
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400S Midi Tower with Tempered Glass
Cpu AMD Rysen 5 3600x
Gpu ASUS Radeon RX 5700 8 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
Motherboard Rog Strix B550-E Gaming
RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX High Performance
SSD Samsung MZ-V7S1T0BW SSD 970 EVO Plus 1 TB M.2 Internal NVMe SSD
Hard Drive Seagate ST1000DMZ10 BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive
Cooling Fans 3x BEQ AB be Quiet Pure Wings 2 BL080 High-Speed 120 mm process cooler
CPU air cooler Top Flow Processor Fan Be quiet BK003 Shadow Rock TF
PSU Corsair HX1000 PC Power Supply Full Modular Cable Management 80 Plus Platinum 1000 What EU

I have watched many YouTube clips where they build the dates and most of all I am worried about the actual cable runs and put in the connectors in the different parts

Some questions I have

Will the air cooling be enough or do I have to rethink?
I have windows 8 on the current computer that came to it when I bought it in 2012, can I switch over Windows 8 to the new computer because I have some old games I still play or do i need to buy windows 10?
Is this Setup a overkill as I will mainly play simulator games and Overwatch and also want to start making mods to FS19 etc but I also want the Computer to last for a while as well and not upgrade for 2-3 years
If i order from amazon.de will the manuals be in German only or English also?
Which YouTube videos and channels would you guys recommend that I would watch because have watched Linus Tech Tips, PC Centric, Resource has taught me a little but still unsure
Do I have to buy any cables for the parts or does everything come with the parts

Thanks in Advance

Sincerely Labrador

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Your choices look pretty good as-is, the only real overkill part I see is the PSU, you definitely don't need 1000W. You could easily drop down to a 750W unit and save some money.

Air cooling will be fine.

I don't believe Windows 8 supports the AMD Zen 2 architecture fully, so it would be best to move to Windows 10. All your games should still work as I had no compatibility issues going from Windows 8 to 10.

Manually generally come in a variety of languages, even things I order here in Canada. Worse case, you can download the manual in whatever language you want from the manufacturer's website.

Generally speaking, you shouldn't need to buy any cables. The case, motherboard and PSU will come with everything you need to get going.

moocow

Do you even need 750W for an AMD 5700XT? Wouldn't a 650W be enough assuming the prices difference are pretty big.

Labrador

Thanks for quick reply guys :)

There is a difference of about 300 Swedish krona / 30 euro between buying 750 watts and 1000 watts if I buy from the Corsair HX series but I change brand completely so I can probably get away with around 100 Euros is it worth it? Do you have a good Youtuber that shows how to pull the cables in the right way, and also Also wondering how do you see if I need to buy Computer Thermal Paste for this cooler or is it already on the cooler because I have seen that some coolers already have it sometimes.

Last edited:

Bond007

You will want windows 10. If you have your windows 8 key you won’t need to buy windows 10. Use an 8+ gb USB drive, go to someone’s computer that has windows 10 and download the media creation tool from Microsoft to the stick. Install windows 10 on your new computer and activate it with your windows 8 key.

JD

Staff member
The cables for the PSU are generally labelled and only fit one way. Not much room for error I don't think. Instead of the Corsair HX series, you could also look at the Seasonic Focus GX or GM.

The heatsink you selected has thermal paste that's pre-applied, so you can just mount it.