What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Buy/Sell & Trade Rules

GreenPC

I have a questions regarding about the shipping terms. Are HWC sellers allowed to state the shipping quotes in add to the item price? Or are they forbidden to do? I've noticed many sellers tend to input a word "shipped" to their item prices. That's the aspect that got me confused. Can anyone explain to me to make sense on that?

Thanks.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm not sure what you're asking.... if the seller says "shipped" it means that he/she is going to cover the cost of shipping and that the quoted price is all inclusive. If not, the assumption is that shipping is not included in the quoted price.

Lpfan4ever

I have a questions regarding about the shipping terms. Are HWC sellers allowed to state the shipping quotes in add to the item price? Or are they forbidden to do? I've noticed many sellers tend to input a word "shipped" to their item prices. That's the aspect that got me confused. Can anyone explain to me to make sense on that?

Thanks.

Sellers can choose whether or not they want to include shipping in their price. If they don't have a shipped price, generally all you have to do is private message the seller with your postal code and ask for a quote.

GreenPC

Sellers can choose whether or not they want to include shipping in their price. If they don't have a shipped price, generally all you have to do is private message the seller with your postal code and ask for a quote.

Really? Strange, for some reason I seem to remember vaguely while I was reading up the selling rules and terms the other day ... that was long while ago, can't remember when. But I recalled that somewhere said sellers cannot input the shipping quotes with the item prices in their posts.

So, in the proper order - I can leave out the term "shipped" and only input the item prices and tell the interested parties to pm me to get shipping quotes thru pm replies? Is that right?

sswilson

Staff member
Yep, although for clarity it's best if you include a line like "PM me for shipping rates", or specifically state that shipping is not included.

So long as you include an actual price (no auction style sales are permitted) and a proper picture (your name, date, & HWC included on a piece of paper) you should be good to go. What we don't allow are specific references to higher paypal prices since paypal TOS forbids it.

Arinoth

Staff member
We do however allow (and i know several members do this) listing your price and offering a slight discount (must list discount price) if people pay EMT over Paypal.

To clarify it means you can post your original price for 300$ and say "EMT is 295$".

You cannot do it the other way around. saying its 295$ but its 5$ more if you pay by paypal.

GreenPC

Thanks sswilson, for the clarity. That clear out to my first question, so I have another question regarding about Canada Post - venture one card. I have a card on me but I had noticed some members here are saying they can get close to half prices on expedited parcels within Canada ... at under the 1 KG weight.

I looked up to see how much % discount for the venture card and all I can find the most is at 8% off. Where did they find with "half prices"? I'm assuming it have to do with business level, since mine was for personal.

Most computer parts are often well under the 1 Kg weight, so they fell under "small regular parcels" section by Canada Post. So they go by regular parcel prices.

stoanee

Folding Team
Thanks sswilson, for the clarity. That clear out to my first question, so I have another question regarding about Canada Post - venture one card. I have a card on me but I had noticed some members here are saying they can get close to half prices on expedited parcels within Canada ... at under the 1 KG weight.

I looked up to see how much % discount for the venture card and all I can find the most is at 8% off. Where did they find with "half prices"? I'm assuming it have to do with business level, since mine was for personal.

Most computer parts are often well under the 1 Kg weight, so they fell under "small regular parcels" section by Canada Post. So they go by regular parcel prices.
I use Venture all the time and it is a minimal discount, nowhere near 50%.

sswilson

Staff member

I use Venture all the time and it is a minimal discount, nowhere near 50%.

Yeah, I use venture one as well and what it does pretty much is offer expedited post for the same price as regular post. I'm thinking that some folks have special deals though their business.

igot6strings

I posted a WTT to trade my Radeon 6770 for a droid phone. Is this not allowed? The post has yet to be approved. Its been more than several hours.

Latest posts