What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Buy/Sell & Trade Rules

Loony911

Alright, it does make sens but i mean, i could go away after tho but it's not my point. Ive learned alot of people from here even if i didnt posted anything. That's a good point still, thanks you

sswilson

Staff member
The rule is in place to prevent people form just coming here to buy/sell stuff and then go away.

Alright, it does make sens but i mean, i could go away after tho but it's not my point. Ive learned alot of people from here even if i didnt posted anything. That's a good point still, thanks you

I wasn't involved in writing the rules, but I believe the 25 post minimum (and no spamming) rule was a little bit more nuanced than that.... the main idea was to limit sales to members who'd been around for a while in order to provide a little bit of security to buyers.

Whether or not it's effective is debatable (it still comes down to trust on the buyer's part) but I'm fairly certain that was the thinking behind the policy.

clshades

I would like to use a very modified version of your rules for a Facebook market place if that's ok. Been having issues with the current admin moving the goal posts at his discrepancy and causing all kinds of problems.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Thanks for asking, but I don't see a copyright notice on the 1st post. Feel free to use at your discretion, but don't blame us if it doesn't work. :)

jay_alexander

I just joined and posted a thread, but it got removed without any explanation as to why. I read the rules, and don't believe I broke any.

If I did break a rule, I am in the dark, since no mod has informed me of any issue.

sswilson

Staff member
Sorry about that, you should have gotten a message about why the thread was deleted. As per the listed rules/guidelines only long term members with a minimum of 25 posts (on topic / not spammed all at once) can create threads in the BST. As a brand new member you're welcome to contact any members with hardware advertised for sale that you're interested in, but you can't create a WTB or For Sale thread.

Latest posts