What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Buying a budget 4K TV...

sswilson

Staff member
Good suggestions here. I'll dig around review sites a bit. I've never heard of TCL, but I'll look in to them. Just love the peace of mind from buying at Costco.
Costco just started carrying them so you can have both..... ;)

Prickly007

So what did you end up buying?

Our old TV is now comically small in the Great Room and we're considering a new one; all I do now, it seems, is product research. God I hate moving, getting settled.

ADZ124

So what did you end up buying?

Our old TV is now comically small in the Great Room and we're considering a new one; all I do now, it seems, is product research. God I hate moving, getting settled.
Comically small would be anything under 50" sitting from 10 feet away. I don't even think 65" qualifies as being massive by today's standards.

gingerbee

Just don't connect it......
You can't even turn the tv's on anymore without the smart tv functions when you turn it on the first time you have to set them up no way to bypass I have found they all run with the damn 2$ SOC running ROKU

edit (the only tv I was able to set up with the smart feature left off was my brother-laws Samsung )

djbrad

I got an LG 50UM7300 4k tv for our guest room last summer, 525$ at walmart.

I was not expecting much of it, but the magic remote does a good job, and the webos is nice too.

The speaker are better than I expected. The tv is just fine for 1080p content from the old M93P htpc.

However, not good for HDR10, so you must look for something else if that's important for you.

It does have some component input, so if you need to plug some old school game console, the low 10ms lag is fine.

Caldezar

I bought a TCL 6 series, but ended up with a TON of QC problems. I went through 3 of them before I ended up giving up on TCL. I did some digging and that seems to be very common due to their popularity and inability to keep up to demand. However, perhaps with the 9 series release, they'll be better?

In the end I got crazy lucky with a sale. LG was offering a $500 discount on their C8 (2018) OLED's, and Costco had an additional $750 off to clear out their stock. That's a combo that was tough to beat, so I bought a 65" LG OLED for $1500.

Entz

Jesus that is a amazing price for an amazing TV lol . You will love it (y)

Twitter