What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Buying games as gifts.

danmitch1

Is it just me or is it more and more difficult to buy a pc game as a gift?

I understand everything is available via download and no one really even has a disk drive (including me)

But last year alot of games were available to buy in a physical form only they just contained the download code instead of a disk. This way you could at least wrap it and hand it to someone in person.

This year I cant seem to find any games in this format.

Ideas?

moocow

Well you could buy a Steam gift card from BB and stuff it inside a package of socks. I bet the publishers are sick of paying for printed box just to hold a redeem code.

Prickly007

Bit off topic, but Steam gift cards have disappeared entirely from online beer money sites, supposedly Value doesn't want to deal with third parties any more.

On2wheels

Grocery stores and gas stations have steam wallet cards, best part is when they let you use reward points to buy them.

danmitch1

True enough, but its less personal, like getting 20$ in an envelope..

moocow

Actually it's worst than getting $20 in an envelope because you can't spend it anywhere you want. Unless you know for sure they will enjoy the gift card, it's practically useless. I stick with liquor store or Costco gift cards for Christmas.

danmitch1

But its thoughtless. You are not really trying if you give gift cards and cash.

Latest posts