What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Buying Used Pc In Mexico (Monterrey)

danmitch1

Hi guys, My colleague's brother is looking for a used PC in mexico (Monterrey). He asked me If i knew the best way to get one down there( besides shipping one from Canada.. Ka_ching! ) and I have no clue.
Any ideas?

moocow

You could skip out on the case and PSU since those are the heaviest and largest parts and ground ship the rest but I suspect he will get dinged import tax. He's too far from any Microcenter and not sure how good of idea is it to drive up to TX just to buy stuff off CL.

danmitch1

Yeah thats what I thought. Its kinda in the middle of nowhere and all the pc shops look... lets say a little sketchy.

Izerous

Folding Team
To jump the border and go back they would probably want to charge him a fortune in duties etc as well. Each region seems to have a good place to go though. When I was in Thailand for a while (like 20 years ago now as a kid) I recall a bunch of the tech shops being sketchy even in places like Pataya. However in Bangkok there was a mall Nick named pentium plaza (don't recall it's real name) and that was pretty much the best places to get software/hardware for a computer. Ground floor was restraunts and general stores. Floor 2-3 were filled with software vendors, floor 4 was pretty much all hardware, and floor 5 was storage and stuff for the vendors.

I know there are similar places in other regions, wouldn't surprise me to find something like that in Mexico but would probably need to go to a larger city. Essentially just need to make friends with a techy person in his region as they have probably figured out those kind of locations already.

danmitch1

Yeah im sure there is a "diamond in the rough" somewhere. He will just have to ask around I guess.

Latest posts