What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can’t access some sites using my router - problem fixed

Entz

Should add that at least according to them they typically do not ban IPs but force you to enter a captcha each time.
they suggest putting your wan ip into https://www.projecthoneypot.org/search_ip.php to see if someone was using it before for malicious reasons.

if your need it you can literally google my ip 😎

you could try different dns server but nslookup vs that site is quicker imo. Otherwise what your are looking for will be in the dhcp settings on your router.

Bond007

Yeah it would be an IP block as Izerous said.

toms, techpowerup, anand don’t use cloud flare (or at least don’t resolve to cloudeflare IPS) .. so it’s looking more and more like that.

lets try one for irony, can you access https://www.cloudflare.com/en-ca/
I think we found the problem. I can’t access the cloudflare site either.

Should add that at least according to them they typically do not ban IPs but force you to enter a captcha each time.
they suggest putting your wan ip into https://www.projecthoneypot.org/search_ip.php to see if someone was using it before for malicious reasons.

if your need it you can literally google my ip 😎

you could try different dns server but nslookup vs that site is quicker imo. Otherwise what your are looking for will be in the dhcp settings on your router.
Not getting any capacha. I will try your other suggestions later and update.

Bond007

Projecthoneypot didn’t come back with any issues. I got annoyed and called my isp. First tech tried a few things with no luck. Put me on hold and talked to higher level tech....they did something and all is well again. I really wish I knew what the fix was, but happy it is resolved. Thanks for your help all.

Lpfan4ever

I really hate that they often don't say what was fixed. Like cmon dude, I'm just a curious IT guy, lemme know. Glad to hear you got it fixed though.

sswilson

Staff member
That's weird, sounds like it might have been something on their end, but that'd be a pretty major outage if it affected all of their client base.....

JD

Staff member
If you told them you thought your IP was blocked by Cloudflare, I'm guessing they released your DHCP lease and gave you a new IP.

But maybe they had some weird routing issue on their end too.

Shadowmeph

I am curious as to what your ISPs issue was,

on a side note when my ISP was with Shaw I used to always ( even now with this company that leases from shaw) have issues with intermittent connections and they would always have some person that says the same thing unplug modem yada yada then one time the person gave me the number for the Shaw business and I dont remember exactly what they said ( wished that I did) but they fixed the problem immediately so after that when ever I would have the same connection issue I would call there number and half lie saying that I was given this number to contact you so the ywould walk me through what to do. unfortunately now because this ISP is leasing through shaw and probably telus any issues i have w=hci are allot ihave to call them then they call the Shaw person who then calls me to tell me when they are coming out which is a huge hassle but I a mnot a company so my internet going out once in a while is ok for the price I pay and the connection speed its a half decent trade off :) also its probably this old buildings wireing I swear that that ther is another suiot that is connected to my cable becaue whe nthe othe rperson was living in that suit the ygot Lightspeed ( shaw sub contracted internet) and Iwas having issues but so where the they moved my internet was cool then someone else moved in and the issues started up again I wished there was a way for me to tell if tha tsuit is tapped into my cable but its probably just me being paRANOID LOL

sswilson

Staff member
If you told them you thought your IP was blocked by Cloudflare, I'm guessing they released your DHCP lease and gave you a new IP.

How often does eastlink renew their client IPs? Maybe he had an update overnight that renewed his IP and he ended up with a "new" one that had been flagged by cloudflare for something like having a DDOS bot?

Entz

That would be my guess.

Glad you got it resolved!

Entz

How often does eastlink renew their client IPs? Maybe he had an update overnight that renewed his IP and he ended up with a "new" one that had been flagged by cloudflare for something like having a DDOS bot?
Telus seems to be like this, you will have the same IP for like 8 months then boom.