What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can I connect my 360 to my pc?

Balfrat

This is my first post but I visit to website and forum often but it's not in my nature to post but i have a question that really irate me and i didn't found a good anwser.Maybe you think it's not the right place to post this but i didn't want to write this on a xbox360 forum, the average 360 owners don't know anything about sound card.

ok here my question : Can I connect my 360 to my pc? (i know i just copy and paste my title)

I own the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 and I want to have sound of my 360 in my pc speaker (i want real 5.1 not stereo in all my speaker, it's what I have right now). The klipsch doesn't have an input optical like the logitech z-5500. If this can work, which sound card i need or what I should check on a sound card to know if this is possible. DDL, DTS: Connect ???

If you have test this yourself with a 360 or ps3 or know this can/can't work i'll really appreciate if you say so.

Thank

lowfat

Staff member
To get 5.1 sound? Not likely. I don't know of any soundcards that can decode a compressed stream over TOSLINK/Coaxial input. Most only accept a 2-channel PCM stream.

Robscix

The only cheaper cards that can accept a compressed Dolby Digital stream are the Creative Audigy 2 (Value) and certain X-fi's. I am not sure which ones. Then a soundcard for output, that would be how I would do it. Really it would be more hassle then your probably ready for NOT to mention there will be a latency. A imposed delay that will really throw off gaming.

Balfrat

Thank all for your answers. Now I know it can't be done :sad:

Mars I think the Promedia DD-5.1 would work but not the Creative DTS-610 it just a thing you need to connect your pc speaker to a A/V receiver which i don't have... What i need from Creative is this thing but they don't make it anymore.

Robscix

What about connecting it to a set of PC speaker like the Z-5500's they have a digital input and are about 500watts so they should rock you very good for the price. Bypass the PC...

Mars

Thank all for your answers. Now I know it can't be done :sad:

Mars I think the Promedia DD-5.1 would work but not the Creative DTS-610 it just a thing you need to connect your pc speaker to a A/V receiver which i don't have... What i need from Creative is this thing but they don't make it anymore.

Oh, sorry, that is the Creative product I was thinking of...

I thought the Creative one was discontinued as well, and thought it was odd when I copied the link, but didn't look into it in any more detail than that.

Latest posts