What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can I run windows 7 and all appications in a macbook pro

neojjjk

Hi,
I have a windows laptop and I am planning to get a macbook pro .is it possible to run windows 7 64bit Home premium and all windows applications on a different partion without any issues ? I don't want to carry two laptops .experts please share your opinion .
Thanks

JohnWayne

I would advise using Boot Camp. That way you're only using one OS at a time and you get full speed / access to your hardware. The Desktop programs have to share ram between MAC OS X and The copy of Windows being used. Gaming should be done through BootCamp, or more specifically a Windows Laptop with a dedicated gpu that has it's own memory.

Don't know the reason you're getting a Mac seeing as you're already a windows user and 98% of software is written for that.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p has dual SLI 750M graphics and is under a grand. You only get a single card with Apple's $2k offering and that's just one example.
The majority of your movies also won't look any better on a retina screen because they're mastered at 2K and encoded for 1080P

Just be aware of all your options before you make a purchase. Being able to run fluid simulations in near real time in an engineering class and being done in half the time is food for thought.

SneakySnake

With Boot Camp your computer boots into windows, and the experience is identical to that of a Windows laptop with the same specs.

If you use Parallels or VMware, you gain some convenience, by being able to run windows alongside OS X, but lose performance. Performance in Parallels is still quite good however. I'm able to play League of Legends on max settings and 1920x1200 at 60fps in Parallels on my retina Macbook Pro (strangely this gives me better performance then their terrible Mac port).

cderrick14

I helped my sister in law set up Bootcamp on her rMBP 15" earlier this month. It works really well for her. She uses all sorts of intensive engineering programs and they run perfectly on her rig. I was really impressed.

Tomal

Yes you can. And the biggest good news is, you can do it without any 3rd party software. Boot camp can help you to partition your MacBook. You can set your free space for Windows OS as you want. After the installation, you can choose which OS you want to run by holding the Command button right after turning on the MacBook. And you can set the defaukt operating system to boot.

Latest posts