What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can someone help me build my first pc

moocow

I say ditch the 2nd drive (MX500) for now and just limit yourself to one or two games. My own system is using about 250GB in total with Windows, Office, and a few Steam games spread over 2 drives. So 500GB Sabent should work.

The prebuild PC in the links in that article doesn't exist anymore but doing a basic search on Amazon UK show me there are PCs around 400 pounds but I wouldn't recommend it.

For example, that PC use an older A320M chipped motherboard which can't support anything above 2000 series CPU. You wouldn't be able to drop in replace the 2400G with something like 3700 later on.

It's also using a mechanical hard drive which is extremely slow, plus they didn't even list which hard drive it's using and what rotational speed it got. If they cheap out and used a 5400 rpm drive, you will wait for 5 minutes for anything to load.

JD

Staff member
I would just add the corsair ram onto your combo its faster ram then the stuff JD has list and only 2 pound difference. justmy2cents
Ah, good catch, didn't notice that. I just quickly looked for the cheapest 2x4GB kit.

charl.a_

Yep, but quick question. Whats the difference between buying games of steam and my web browser?

gingerbee

if you mean through steam nothing I think but you have to have steam installed to install and run your steam games. But there also origin, uplay epic and humble bundle pretty sure there are more game sellers/software launchers out there for games. you can use all of them if you like

If you mean direct buy from the game producer then you just have to download the game from them and install it well the software I mentioned above uses software launchers to launch your games from no biggie any which way you go

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter