What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can someone help me build my first pc

MARSTG

I would say best value is at used hardware . Repurpose an older business machine like a DELL or HP, a minitower or CMT Convertible Mini Tower. You will already have a windows license. Focus on machines with 3rd gen Intel core i5 cpu. Ideal configuration will have 8 GB of ram or more, anyway DDR3 is cheap. Have a look at these machines on ebay, they are in the US, see if you can get one shipped to UK. corporate machines From there, as an upgrade you can change the PSU, and most probably you will need an adapter for it and then add the gpu of your choice. AMD RX 470/480/570/580 should do the trick on playing many games with all the details turned on at 1080p, meaning 1920 x 1080 resolution.
. Buy a used graphics card will save you lots of money and help you fit in your budget .
Edit : for DELL Optiplex 3010 looks like you won't need a power adapter when you will upgrade the PSU, but HP will require one, I have one myself.

Last edited:

gingerbee

He's in the UK if he's going to go used aliexpress is a much better option for a used Xeon pc build. but then no upgrade path

if you want to check it out there's a good YouTuber for this kinda stuff he does super cheap bang for buck used stuff from aliexpress.

But I don't suggest it for a first-timer new is always easier IMHO. A lot of corporate business machines/PC's use proprietary/non-standard stuff which can make life a living hell sometimes

ps we all did inform him a used 470/570 or 480/580 would be a great choice for 1080p gaming plus I think they can be had pretty cheap on ebay.co.uk

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Tn-atYOt8qZP-oqui7bhw

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter