What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can someone please explain to me the difference between..

Opeqa16x

_dangtx_

Banned
good question, a comparative review should yeild a decent answer. id say that the 890 should have better transfer speeds,at least in theory.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Typically, the FX series boards are full featured products with a ton of add-ons. Think of them as the enthusiast end of the sepctrum with quad Crossfire support, etc.

The "X" series is slightly more budget friendly but it still has a shedload of features. They also support Crossfire but with only two cards and across an 8x / 8x link. It will however come with a slightly cut down BIOS which can still overclock your CPU / memory to the maximum possible under air or water cooling but if you are going extreme cooling, you may benefit from the more complete BOIS in the 890FX series.

Both of these are the "A" branded boards so they each have support for USB 3.0 and SATA6.

JD

Staff member
I'd go with the 890FX board just for the sake of it being the latest chipset. More likely to support a wide array of CPUs in the future too. Unless you simply cannot afford the extra $40 that is. And in which case, I'd probably say to get a 890GX board.

Latest posts