What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can someone reccomend me some good DDR2 1066 mhz RAM?

squilliam

I was looking at these two 4gb sets:

Newegg.ca - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.ca - OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

However, as far I as I know, the corsair "Dominator" RAM sets are the high-end enthusiast sets and the XMS2 is more mainstream...but then why is this dominator set only $55 (after rebate) on newegg?:

Newegg.ca - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

EDIT: nevermind, that dominator RAM seems to be so cheap because (apparently) it has a lot of quality issues and isn't able to run at a stable 1066mhz (you have to "manually" set it to 1066mhz as the system will only recognize 800mhz)

Last edited:

squilliam

I see, so basically, it's "better"

what about the Corsair and OCZ memory that I posted a link to in the OP, what do you think of those?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
The XPs are the top of the Line.

Both sets you link are good ram sticks - no worries here. The Plats are even considered good clockers. I prefer Mushkin since they are very good oc'ers, run cool and they are compatible with every single board I ever had.

squilliam

ok, thanks for all your help 3.0charlie, lol, it seems like you're the only one who wanted to help, that or everyone else is sleeping right now

Twitter