What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can this spell DISASTER??

frosty

If I ever do get another card.... this is what it looks like.. is this gonna casue me headaches in the end??? Wrecking PSU unit or something?? THe 2 fans are not directly over top of one another, but more so staggerd. This was a test to make sure I could fit 2 cards...... 3/8" or so between the GPU and the PSU... just wondering what your thoughts are....

sswilson

Staff member
Ouch!!!!!!

Yeah, I'd avoid that setup like the plague!!!!!

Maybe you should consider selling off your currrent card to get the cash you'd need for an 8800 Ultra rather than trying to go SLI.

Gamashinoch

that'd be the dumbest upgrade ever. going from an 8800GTX to an ultra. why don't ya upgrade your cpu to a e6750 while you're at it?

JD

Staff member
Why don't you just try running the card like that for awhile? See what the temperatures are and what not.

You could flip over the PSU and drill out a hole on the bottom of the case to allow the PSU to suck in cool fresh air.

You could always use an alternative cooling solution as well for the bottom card I guess.

Patriote

Why don't you just try running the card like that for awhile? See what the temperatures are and what not.

You could flip over the PSU and drill out a hole on the bottom of the case to allow the PSU to suck in cool fresh air.

You could always use an alternative cooling solution as well for the bottom card I guess.
Good idea! You could also just screw this case and get another one.

that'd be the dumbest upgrade ever. going from an 8800GTX to an ultra. why don't ya upgrade your cpu to a e6750 while you're at it?
I agree 100% lol

b1lk1

I just want to know why you'd put a high end video card in that slot since it is the 8X only slot and the 2 upper PCI-e 16X slots are the ones meant for SLI. I find it even more amazing noone else caught this simple solution before me. Put your cards in the upper 2 slots and try to forget that this was the silliest non-issue you ever had.

Amon

I don't see a problem if they are both drawing air. And the Enermax Galaxy family are unfathomably durable to heat.
I find it even more amazing noone else caught this simple solution before me. Put your cards in the upper 2 slots and try to forget that this was the silliest non-issue you ever had.
He states that it was a test to find clearance issues if he bought more expansion cards and placed one in the slot shown.

Last edited:

Gamashinoch

I just want to know why you'd put a high end video card in that slot since it is the 8X only slot and the 2 upper PCI-e 16X slots are the ones meant for SLI. I find it even more amazing noone else caught this simple solution before me. Put your cards in the upper 2 slots and try to forget that this was the silliest non-issue you ever had.
actually that thought crossed my mind but figured he knew somethin' i didn't. heh

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter