What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can this spell DISASTER??

frosty

ha! the card that never was. Poor poor 3dfx if you'd supported 32bit colour as your future buyer did (nVidia) instead of the odd 24bit to begin with you'd prolly still be kickin' today. Oh well runnin' 2xVoodoo 2's was a fun run.

On a side note....i got the same case brother. I like the way the PSU is. Also with that 200MM fan on the top we have no worries about hot air rising.

ya know, you might be able to get away with runnin' SLI now that I konw what case you have.

Got room to utilize that 120mm fan spot on the side? It'd be right over your cards.

sure do have that fan mounted. I was also looking lastnight about adding teh internal drivebay fan that sits at teh end of the drive bays. but Im not entirely sure I can fit the black clip in there between the cage and the card. That would add some extra air aswell..

Gamashinoch

ya but it'd just be hot air from the hard drives though. Thought of a self contained water cooling kit? dont' know if there's an SLI one...might be now though.

enaberif

Antec 900 is the worst case to exist for power supplies, air flow, and wiring.

With that said I don't suggest you run computer with said config in the op as the power supply is sucking air out and the video card is sucking air up so you are gonna create A LOT of turbulence between the two.

Best bet is to drill a hole in the bottom of the case, flip the power supply and you should be good to go.

Gamashinoch

actually wiring was better than any case i've built prior. Prolly the modular PSU i got too helped with that. no big bundle of wires right up near the dvddrives. If anything the layout is better for cooling in my opinion. the air in the case is cooler on the bottom so the PSU isn't suckin' in hot air to cool itself. 2 120mm front intakes, 1 120mm side intake, a rear 120mm (don't remember what it is in or out) and 200mm exhaust at the top of the case. Don't think there's air issues...noise issues on the other hand.

enaberif

actually wiring was better than any case i've built prior. Prolly the modular PSU i got too helped with that. no big bundle of wires right up near the dvddrives. If anything the layout is better for cooling in my opinion. the air in the case is cooler on the bottom so the PSU isn't suckin' in hot air to cool itself. 2 120mm front intakes, 1 120mm side intake, a rear 120mm (don't remember what it is in or out) and 200mm exhaust at the top of the case. Don't think there's air issues...noise issues on the other hand.
More fans does not equal better :) More fans can cause or create odd turbulent pockets in a case which defeats the purpose of air flow.

P182 > 900

Gamashinoch

I agree more fans don't mean better. Strategic placement of fans though is. no case has perfect air flow. harddrives, wires, addon cards get in the way. With the p182 (psu on the top i assume) you get the "dead space" effect under your videocards/soundcards. Air movement is just as important i think. My CPU is at 44C under load folding 24/7, my system temp is 30C. And that's with it being kinda warm in this room.

enaberif

I agree more fans don't mean better. Strategic placement of fans though is. no case has perfect air flow. harddrives, wires, addon cards get in the way. With the p182 (psu on the top i assume) you get the "dead space" effect under your videocards/soundcards. Air movement is just as important i think. My CPU is at 44C under load folding 24/7, my system temp is 30C. And that's with it being kinda warm in this room.
Nope.

P182 has a 3 fan setup; 1 in a bottom chamber and 2 in the top. The first one in the top is a rear exhaust fan and the 2nd is right above the cpu to pull the hot air out from the "dead" spot. The case has another spot for a 4th fan.

Latest posts

Twitter