What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canada Post .. drive-thru???

jalmir

Canada Post opens drive-thru, online parcel centre | Canada | News | Edmonton Su

Saw that this morning, I'm not sure about the whole thing except for the "open on Sunday"!

I think they need to do a bit more than that, my local postman is useless, had many parcels delivered a few streets down, placed a few complaints but that didn't change anything. I prefer picking them up at the post office instead, that's why I like the idea of it being opened on Sundays.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
We're becoming more American as time goes on.

There's no better proof of that than the protests over community mailboxes which MAY cause some people to get some bloody exercise.

jalmir

There's no better proof of that than the protests over community mailboxes which MAY cause some people to get some bloody exercise.

yeah I don't get the outrage, years ago I've lived in areas where is was the norm. Didn't seem to anger anyone... I can totally understand the people with mobility problems but the rest of the population should be in a frenzy over that!

sswilson

Staff member
yeah I don't get the outrage, years ago I've lived in areas where is was the norm. Didn't seem to anger anyone... I can totally understand the people with mobility problems but the rest of the population should be in a frenzy over that!

I'm in the same boat and didn't understand the outrage of folks who'd be losing their door delivery (ourselves included) especially since there probably hasn't been a single new development in 10+ years that included door delivery.

OTOH, my concerns were very much focussed on the way CP was locating the community boxes. I know damn well that I wouldn't have wanted one in front of my house, and that I would have been calling CP 24/7 whenever the snow (or ice) got higher than 3" or if there was a single piece of garbage on my lawn from the mail.

Going forward, since we're seeing mail volumes shrink, maybe we should be scaling back to delivery a couple of days a week instead of daily. The only caveat I'd place on that would be to ensure that CP package delivery actually puts a "could not deliver" notice in the mailbox at the time of the attempted delivery instead of the current practice that often sees the notices put into the mail on return to the warehouse.

Vittra

Yeah.. this location was previously a bank. I drive by this on my commute and was curious what exactly it was, as it has the 24HR stuff advertised all over the outside. The geography of the area is described accurately.

Coupled with Flexdelivery, this could be a useful location for me in the future.

Lpfan4ever

The only complaint I have about community mailboxes is that I once had a box that fit just barely into the back of the mailbox. When I opened my side, I couldn't pull it out. I had to cut the box into pieces while it was in the slot and people generally aren't comfortable when you're flailing a knife around a mailbox.

A solution to that and I'll have no problem with the one about the get installed in my neighbourhood.

jalmir

The only complaint I have about community mailboxes is that I once had a box that fit just barely into the back of the mailbox. When I opened my side, I couldn't pull it out. I had to cut the box into pieces while it was in the slot and people generally aren't comfortable when you're flailing a knife around a mailbox.

A solution to that and I'll have no problem with the one about the get installed in my neighbourhood.

stupidity has no real solution, had a similar problem with a certificate I got, the letter was marked "DO NOT BEND" ... literally stamped everywhere on the envelope, guess what the mailman did to fit it in the box???

The certificate wasn't damaged but I still placed a complaint, I don't think it changed anything (never got another certificate delivered so I can't tell for sure...)

BTW, I agree with sswilson, scaling back the delivery to a select few days a week instead of everyday would make sense!

MacJunky

I do not enjoy the idea of scaling back delivery days. Where I am any parcel too big for the mailbox is left at a local convenience store and a notice card put in my mailbox. There is no delivery of any sort out here.
a) I do not want to have to wait any extra days for my stuff. It already takes long enough.
b) I could no longer bother putting outgoing mail into the drop slot of my community mailbox on my way to work, since I know that it is not going to be picked up that day or perhaps even for two days. Then I have to go to the post office.
c) I would imagine more mail sitting around collecting in a community mailbox might make them more appealing targets for theft/vandals? *shrug*

WolfBane

easy now lol I am an Merican:)
lol teasing :)
you all don't have hand guns on ya hips in public yet !! (which is a good thing )
but until ya do you can't say ya are close to being Mericans

WolfBane

well we have community mailbox's every where here in Richibucto , and its not to bad , but some times I do get those crappy adds blowing in my yard , but what ya going to do ?
as for me I have a bad back but It does me good to walk my yard to go get my mail, ( I have 5 acres ) but it does stink in the dead of winter

Latest posts

Twitter