What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian campaign - the missing question

fubar

I agree with both AkG and SKYMTL. Although, I'm probably to the right on the refugee issue than either and probably anyone so far posting. :) Sorry, but, I am. I also think that Canada should get out of the Middle East but no matter who is elected, they will still be there to some extent. You can't get elected unless you will be. Anyway, like what was previously mentioned, they are not legitimate refugees. If you actually watched real news - meaning going to alternative sources on the internet, you'll realize this. The mainstream media is selling this nice story for your emotions. But, just read comments after these mainstream sources, whether they are newspapers or TV networks. Many people are thinking just like you guys (AkG and SKYMTL, in particular). They notice these 'refugees' are dressed well, able-bodied men (mostly), probably richer than most Eastern Europeans anyway and they are disobeying the laws in these European countries. They are migrants. They don't remain and get registered. They get rid of their IDs. It was even determined that many aren't even Syrians. I could go on? We have video footage of them throwing away food and acting violently in these countries - the classic ones are the events in Greece and Hungary. Why won't they go to the oil-rich Middle Eastern countries that are close by and more convenient and appropriate? I'm sure you have heard/read all these points before. But, there are still people who are deluded by the mainstream media and want them to come here and to Europe.

I cannot understand it. You must be pretty brainwashed for that. They will take up resources, they'll be on welfare. Places like Denmark even did calculations and determined they saved billions on reducing immigration and their tight asylum policies. Why don't people talk about fixing problems at home first? What about poor people in Canada? I guess left-wingers don't care about them all of a sudden? It boggles the mind. I don't see how anyone could consider voting for the Liberals, NDP or Green Party! They want over 50K migrants over here so they can get their votes. I don't like Harper and I'm not a fan of neo-cons but if I ultimately decide I have to vote for a major party, I have no choice. I don't even see why they need a 10K figure - because they promised? What for? Isn't there enough issues and problems that need to be financed without requiring additional investment into thousands upon thousands of migrants? It's really scary when the media is beating this drum that Canada HAS TO take thousands of migrants. Are they going to finance and house them all? Perhaps, all the mainstream media outlets will soon do a story in which they will donate all their salaries for this? That would be interesting, at least.

I think this country and many citizens have gone insane. Has anyone looked at what Hungary and Poland are doing? I think it was little too late but I think you must have courage to go against the mainstream line of conceding and giving away your sovereignty so that thousands or even millions of migrants can be appeased and pacified. They are not being registered and most of the EU refugee policy laws have been disregarded so this just shows that no law will be followed. It is so this agenda can continue.

Do you think the Liberals or anyone else will budge on this? No, they'll be many times worse than the Conservatives. Whether it's the Liberals, Greens or NDP, they will have their own scandals in due time, whenever they have enough power to be the Government. None of these are squeaky clean. You know that. You have precedents. I cannot believe that people can still fall for their promises and think that it will be any different with them in. Request, no demand another party or become politically active if you want a different party. I think Canada is a hopeless case so I would rather look into moving. I am not even sure that will be solution but these politicians and parties are ruining the country and it's just a race in who can destroy it faster.

P.S. call me a redneck. I don't care.

fubar

Sigh. Perhaps we should have just kept those dirty Catholic Irish outta here too with their problems and violence.

Any immigrant group will have issues. We equate middle east refugees as a security risk. Any poor person we take in is a security risk. Canada is a country of people made up of folks who are a security risk.

I am done.
What are you talking about? Most of the 'refugees' have no info. Nothing. Nada. Any one of them could be a terrorist or criminal or some kind. You know NOTHING about them. It's different than people already in Canada and hopefully, you have some info. Besides, I think it's a bit crazy to voluntarily open yourself up to this *potential* and not have a clue about anything.

But, these are all votes for the politicians so EVERY major party is on board. It's just a question of how many and how fast (access to getting here and established). I guess this is democracy. It's fine for those who support it but for anyone who is against, what do they do? I guess they stick their thumb up their butt and spin in a chair?

'47 Knucklehead

I'm already sick of the personal attacks without hardly ANY discussion about policies and proposals. I want to know why I SHOULD VOTE FOR YOU....not why I SHOULDN'T vote for the other guy. Let me make up my own damn mind!

Sounds like Canadian elections are pretty much the same as American elections then. :bleh:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I agree with both AkG and SKYMTL. Although, I'm probably to the right on the refugee issue than either and probably anyone so far posting. :) Sorry, but, I am. I also think that Canada should get out of the Middle East but no matter who is elected, they will still be there to some extent. You can't get elected unless you will be. Anyway, like what was previously mentioned, they are not legitimate refugees. If you actually watched real news - meaning going to alternative sources on the internet, you'll realize this. The mainstream media is selling this nice story for your emotions. But, just read comments after these mainstream sources, whether they are newspapers or TV networks. Many people are thinking just like you guys (AkG and SKYMTL, in particular). They notice these 'refugees' are dressed well, able-bodied men (mostly), probably richer than most Eastern Europeans anyway and they are disobeying the laws in these European countries. They are migrants. They don't remain and get registered. They get rid of their IDs. It was even determined that many aren't even Syrians. I could go on? We have video footage of them throwing away food and acting violently in these countries - the classic ones are the events in Greece and Hungary. Why won't they go to the oil-rich Middle Eastern countries that are close by and more convenient and appropriate? I'm sure you have heard/read all these points before. But, there are still people who are deluded by the mainstream media and want them to come here and to Europe.

I cannot understand it. You must be pretty brainwashed for that. They will take up resources, they'll be on welfare. Places like Denmark even did calculations and determined they saved billions on reducing immigration and their tight asylum policies. Why don't people talk about fixing problems at home first? What about poor people in Canada? I guess left-wingers don't care about them all of a sudden? It boggles the mind. I don't see how anyone could consider voting for the Liberals, NDP or Green Party! They want over 50K migrants over here so they can get their votes. I don't like Harper and I'm not a fan of neo-cons but if I ultimately decide I have to vote for a major party, I have no choice. I don't even see why they need a 10K figure - because they promised? What for? Isn't there enough issues and problems that need to be financed without requiring additional investment into thousands upon thousands of migrants? It's really scary when the media is beating this drum that Canada HAS TO take thousands of migrants. Are they going to finance and house them all? Perhaps, all the mainstream media outlets will soon do a story in which they will donate all their salaries for this? That would be interesting, at least.

I think this country and many citizens have gone insane. Has anyone looked at what Hungary and Poland are doing? I think it was little too late but I think you must have courage to go against the mainstream line of conceding and giving away your sovereignty so that thousands or even millions of migrants can be appeased and pacified. They are not being registered and most of the EU refugee policy laws have been disregarded so this just shows that no law will be followed. It is so this agenda can continue.

Do you think the Liberals or anyone else will budge on this? No, they'll be many times worse than the Conservatives. Whether it's the Liberals, Greens or NDP, they will have their own scandals in due time, whenever they have enough power to be the Government. None of these are squeaky clean. You know that. You have precedents. I cannot believe that people can still fall for their promises and think that it will be any different with them in. Request, no demand another party or become politically active if you want a different party. I think Canada is a hopeless case so I would rather look into moving. I am not even sure that will be solution but these politicians and parties are ruining the country and it's just a race in who can destroy it faster.

P.S. call me a redneck. I don't care.

I find it ironic you say this since National Post now disables commenting on their refugee stories.

Quick stat check too. According to the UNHCR, 69% of these migrants are males between the ages of 18 and 40. At any other time in the history of this world that wouldn't be called immigration, it would be called an invasion.

sswilson

Staff member
I find it ironic you say this since National Post now disables commenting on their refugee stories.

Quick stat check too. According to the UNHCR, 69% of these migrants are males between the ages of 18 and 40. At any other time in the history of this world that wouldn't be called immigration, it would be called an invasion.

That's easy enough to work around by targeting families though.

I'll give some grudging support to the CPC, they're late to the game but at least they appear to be moving towards putting some more resources towards getting the proper admin done on the ground.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

Depending on the source, this statistic varies between 55% and 80%. Lots of pictures out there showing many females and small children not covered in blood, or starving, as media centerpoints. :whistle:

But dont worry, another dead kid washed up on shore today. Tragedy. :sad:

KaptCrunch

Depending on the source, this statistic varies between 55% and 80%. Lots of pictures out there showing many females and small children not covered in blood, or starving, as media centerpoints. :whistle:

But dont worry, another dead kid washed up on shore today. Tragedy. :sad:

is media sell on the story ? :whistle: passing of the non-productive people 100% in real world for no one wants parasites

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
No matter what your politics are, please get out and vote!!!!

True democracy only works when we've got an engaged public that holds their elected representatives to task, and that starts when politicians (and lobby groups) see high turnouts at the polls.

draemn

I'm very excited about the high turnout at the advanced polls!!!! Crossing my fingers that this means a really good turnout on election day! Even if you "waste" your vote on someone who has no chance of winning, that's going to get the attention of politicians. FOR PEOPLE WHO SAY "By not voting I'm saying something," you're WRONG!!! Not voting is the same as saying "I support you and you can do whatever you want, because I won't be voting against you."

Interestingly I was going to vote CPC because I felt that candidate will best represent me in the city I live (I do not like Harper or feel aligned with the CPC platform), but then I found out he's NO to abortion in all aspects (even if the woman's health is in danger), derogatory to women and first nations... I can't support a person with backwards 20th century views like that. So, he'll probably win either way in my riding but not thanks to my vote.

KaptCrunch

scratch my back I scratch yours

another thing about voting is when you visit a politicians office they check if you voted or filed. scratch my back I scratch yours

so its your call to or not