What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian Overclock Database

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Wouaaaa! Does that mean that every member must complete one WU to pass the test? ROFL

@ Eldonko: if you are Captain, I do understand then. And yes, we are folding to the same end.

sswilson

Staff member
I've always found 3Dmark '03 to be the best system stability test of the 3Dmark tests.

It's probably my favorite "quick" stability test along with super-pi when I'm feeling out the upper limits of an OC.

My own preference would be a standard "box script" which can be cut and pasted from the first post and should be required for all entries.

I'm fairly strong on the need for screenies as proof. These kinds of things get out of hand fairly quickly if proof isn't required, and IMO that would turn off the folks who are trying to post legitimate benchmarks.

3.0charlie

I've always found 3Dmark '03 to be the best system stability test of the 3Dmark tests.
What about us folders with Ati X300 graphic cards? I can benchtest my rigs, but my VCs aren't at par with the X2900s and 8800s ... :haha:

BALISTX

Benching your video card will be optional or we could have a separate section for that.

sswilson

Staff member
What about us folders with Ati X300 graphic cards? I can benchtest my rigs, but my VCs aren't at par with the X2900s and 8800s ... :haha:

I've never been a heavy gamer, so I use `03 as a system stability test rather than looking for a "uber" benchmark score.

The aircraft benchmark seems to gak within a few seconds if mem is even slightly out of round........ :)

3.0charlie

If I get this right, whatever the 3Dmark03 score I have (and a very low one at that with X300s), as long as the test passes, the rig is stable. I'm fine with that.

John

pscout

Fallen Folder
An alternative stability standard could be folding SMP on dual cores or quads.

It usually runs for days anyway (724 for me) and will find instabilities that multi p95 or orthos won't even tho they drive higher temps than folding.

OC's will usually be ~5 fsb lower than p95/orthos stable.