What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian RMA Experience

Cannon Fodder

1. Email UPS and tell him you will clear the package yourself.
Email: csgfred@ups.com

2. Get the paper work from UPS to clear the package yourself.

3. Get the Invoice from Crucial that you can present as this a warranty replacement and value would be $0

4. Lookup CBSA near you and self-clear the package. Pay for the service, like $10 and send over the paper work back to UPS so they can release the package.

In that last part, in bold, did you mean, "so they can release the package from obligation to pay their brokerage fees"..... i.e. I assume you noticed he received the package already..... right?

NOTE: Do NOT ship using UPS Ground. Brokers will charge you $15 to pick up a pen and god forbid they actually have to fill out more than one checkbox, then they are on a roll...

EXACTLY! I'm sure I mentioned this here before, that I received a package years ago, upon which UPS tacked brokerage fees amounting to more than half the value of the item(s) I received..... needless to say, at that time I was shocked, and extremely pissed-off. :mad:

Prickly007

Should we assume, based on these two posts, that you long ago tossed the paperwork and/or packaging that the drive came in, and you no longer have proof, and don't recall whether or not it actually was "marked as a free warranty replacement"?

I am not sure if there even was any paper work. The package was just left on the doorstep. It seemed a little odd.

Cannon Fodder

I think I'll just ignore UPS' invoice.

I am not sure if there even was any paper work. The package was just left on the doorstep. It seemed a little odd.

I assume that since it's been a month, or so, that you've forgotten, but any cross-border shipment SHOULD have some paperwork attached.

As for the way the package was left, had you not already contacted Crucial, you probably could have contacted UPS about their invoice for brokerage/taxes, and said, "what's the invoice for?..... I never even received the package". Without a copy of the paperwork from Crucial, clearly showing "Warranty Return" on it, I think you're screwed...... MAYBE you can contact Crucial again, and request a scan of THEIR copy of the paperwork, which MIGHT get UPS off your case. :unsure:

sswilson

Staff member
Company Name: Granger Canada
Product: Ranco heat probe
Warranty Period: NA
Date purchased: May 2023
Date RMAed: June 2023
Where it was sent to: HRM
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: Return Shipping
Wait time: CC credit within 2 weeks
Details: Not a PC part, but an online retailer that might come up when searching for parts. This was a return based on me ordering the wrong part and the process was relatively painless to return for a refund. Only cost to me was return shipping (no restocking fee).
Satisfaction: 10

rjbarker

Company Name: Asus / Corsair / Evga
Product: X79 Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard, HX 1Kw & AX 1200i psu, 3080Ti FTW
Warranty Period: 3 yrs / 10 yr / 3 yr
Date purchased: Over The Years
Date RMAed: Over The Years
Where it was sent to: Asus - Canada / Evga n Corsair US
Ease of RMA: 9 (10 being easiest)
Any extra fees?: Just Shipping
Wait time: All were around 7-9 business days to receive replacement
Details: All 3 Companies were great to deal with!!! For shipping to U.S. I completed the Custons info on the Canada Post Web Site, took the bar code to the local Post Office and shipped ...painless!
Satisfaction: 9 (10 being the best)

Latest posts