What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian RMA Experience

theinternetisfor

Company Name: Asrock
Product: Z97 Annviersary motherboard
Warranty Period: 3 years
Date purchased: January 2015
Date RMAed: January 2016
Where it was sent to: Markham Toronto
Ease of RMA: 9
Any extra fees?: $10 (shipping to their repair facility)
Wait time: 3 weeks
Details: Very confused. Let me first say that the person who works on their phone is absolutely awful at their job. First off, no matter what you say, they'll ask you to have all the questions emailed. There's a 50/50 chance that they'll be replied to.
I asked the person how to have it RMA'd, and she told me to go on the site when I emailed her. I did that in December. 4 weeks go by and I hear no response after I did the same RMA claim twice. After a month, I called again and she said I'll be emailed. I wasn't. After a week passes by, I called again and I was transferred to their technician that sent a form for me to fill out that I quickly sent back completed. After all of that it was painless, before hand it was a headache.
Satisfaction: 10 when not dealing with their help line. Otherwise 6

Edit: For those that do a search engine search and find this post looking for info, then I think I'd be doing a disservice by not including their very hard to obtain number.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Company Name: Mushkin
Product: 480GB Chronos Deluxe SSD
Date purchased: April 2014
Date RMAed: Fed 2016
Where it was sent to: Texas, USA
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: Shipping to Texas.
Wait time: 3 days after them receiving SSD.
Details: Got replies back from their customer support within an hour. Within an hour of them receiving the SSD, they replied back to me saying they were sending out a replacement. 3 days later I had the replacement drive in hand.
Satisfaction: (scale of 1 - 10) 10

Alpine

Wow .. what a f** mess with Intel.

I have start a RMA with intel on february 28 2016.
They closed my RMA on the next monday without asking me a question.
Few days later, they re-open it.
After a week and Questions / answers / testing they asked me to send my stuff to them
Got stock at the customs 1 week. All custom papers was correctly filfulled.
This is my work to do paperworks for customs and shipping thing in the US and around the wolrd.
The clue this morning, i got a msg from Fedex : Customer not Available or Business Closed
So i'll do a chat with the warranty dept and they told me that they are open.
So i call Fedex and they told that the dock is close and they cannot do the delivery.

All the time i lost doing tests at their demands, answerings their questions and others + cost of the shipping, why i didn't buy another one.

Company Name: INTEL
Product: Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH
Date purchased: June 2014
Date RMAed: Fed 2016
Where it was sent to: LOUISVILLE, KY US
Ease of RMA: 5 (asking questions and questions without end)
Any extra fees?: Shipping to LOUISVILLE, KY US.
Wait time: 3 weeks and still nothing
Details:
Satisfaction: (scale of 1 - 10) 0

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Company Name: Henry's.com
Product: FotoPro TT-1 Travel Tripod kit
Warranty Period: 6 yr?
Date purchased: 28/03/2016
Date RMAed: 04/04/2106
Where it was sent to: ONT
Any extra fees?: They paid return shipping
Wait time: Immediate turn around on their end on receipt of the return.
Details:

Had an apparent issue with a locking collar on one of the legs, phoned 1-800 number and had a return label that afternoon. New item was shipped from their end within 24 hours of receipt of the return.

Second item appeared to have the same issue with a different locking collar and 1-800 CSR transfered me through to the original sales associate I had been dealing with and he had me physically walk through the issue which ends up in it being resolved. (Not quite Pebcak, in that the issue existed, but close enough that I should have found it on my own).

I was pleased enough with the fact that they paid return shipping on the initial item, even more so with the CS afterwards for something I should have been able to figure out myself.

Full score to Henry's and their CSR.

Prickly007

Company Name: Corsair
Product: Professional Series HX850W PSU
Warranty Period: Seven years
Date purchased: Feb. 2011
Date RMAed: Standard RMA process initiated 27 April around 8pm, approved less than two hours later and mailed 29 April
Where it was sent to: Hayward, California, 94545
Any extra fees?: c. $35 (Canada Post's cheapest rate, given box's size and weight)
Wait time: see below

Details: As mentioned above, RMA was approved extremely fast and my questions were largely answered, in grammatically correct English. Early the next morning, I called Corsair support- appears again to be based in the US, a nice change from my previous experience with Dell- to clarify what I could expect to receive as a replacement for my dying PSU. I was told in no uncertain terms, a HX850i. I was therefore a little surprised when my ticket was updated, on 4 May, to ask if I would accept a HX1000i. Sure, I said, who doesn't want a more expensive item? :clap:

Package was shipped latter that same day via UPS, arriving in Delta, BC the next morning. (Again, quite the contrast with Dell.) However, UPS' tracking system indicated I would be responsible for duties and/or taxes; something I had previously enquired about. I notified Corsair, by updating my ticket, and six hours later my package arrived in... Roseburg, Oregon!! :shok: After passing through Portland, Redmond, WA and Richmond, BC, it was back in Delta just before midnight on Friday night (5 May).

When the driver finally arrived, Monday evening, he still wanted over $50 in brokerage fees; not sure why the package was returned to the US. Updated my ticket and customer support promised once again promised to have the Shipping Department sort it out. Roughly nine hours later, late Tuesday afternoon (10 May), UPS still thinks I owe them money. After a few minutes on hold, I spoke to a very apologetic woman at Corsair, who blamed UPS for the delay, and indicated it should be resolved shortly. Yada Yada... it was finally delivered this evening, 17 May. Remember a replacement PSU first arrived in metro-Vancouver on the morning of 5 May.

Satisfaction: It would be nice, of course, if Corsair could arrange discounted shipping. However, complaints by Canadians about COD fees go back years on Corsair's forum and elsewhere. And it's still an issue! On the other hand, having already bought a new PSU, the delay was at worst an annoyance. I can't decide on an appropriate numerical rating- if I didn't have the funds to buy a new PSU, the score would be :angry2:- but, going forward, RMA location will weight even more heavily in purchasing decisions. That said, I don't (entirely) regret buying Corsair DDR4 RAM last month.

artistpavel

Company Name: Galax
Product: GTX 780
Date purchased: 2013
Date RMAed: 2016
Where it was sent to: USA, IL, Grayslake
Any extra fees?: $23 one way shipping
Wait time: 10 days
Details: was sent a new 970 EXOC 4GB Black Edition, a faster, cooler, nicer looking direct upgrade
Satisfaction: 10

middlemarkal

NEWEGG.CA premier member is the best

EXCHANGED LOTS OF TRYOUT RAM (5 kits, 1 I damaged myself 1 ram dimm) and no problem, free return postage, no restocking fee, very helpfull phone costumer service. +++ for newegg.ca premier

also no problem pricematch up to 1 month, return up to 1 month free...

love them.

Latest posts

Twitter