What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian RMA Experience

Coach

Newegg.ca failed me

Company Name: Newegg.ca
Product: MSI 1070ti Gaming
Warranty Period:3 years
Date purchased: 21/11/2017
Date RMAed: 26/12/2017
Where it was sent to: ------
Ease of RMA: 0
Any extra fees?: ------------
Wait time: NA
Satisfaction: 0

I bought an MSI GTX 1070ti in November and now on December 26th it is installed and find it dead. I contact Newegg and they are happy to replace it until they find out that I used the UPC barcode to apply for he MIR. That is the point where they claim they can do nothing for me. They say that MSI will not accept the card from them with out the UPC. I contact MSI and they say this is no issue. MSI says other customers are experiencing the same issue with Newegg but that there is no issue with Newegg sending them cards without the UPC on the box. I call Newegg back and they refuse to issue the RMA for the SAME reasons. I should be entitled to a NEW replacement. MSI says that I can RMA with them but the replacement will be used. My issue is not with MSI rather Newegg. For shame.

Last edited:

Mr. Friendly

hey Coach, that's normal...even NCIX was like that. biggest reason is to stave off fraud...buying a card, claiming the rebate and sending it back for full refund + rebate when it's sent.

that said, a lot of companies are limited to 30 days to do a return under warranty. the biggest reason is the distributor they get their parts from won't take it back...however, if the reseller is willing to work with the manufacturer, they can side step that issue.

anyhow, RMA it with MSI and get it over with. :)

Coach

I stuck to my guns and indeed it is on the way back to Newegg. They are in the wrong. I shopped for y-e-e-e-ars at NCIX (not as long as you I would think) and never had an issue. If I had applied for the MIR and UPC was missing they put the replacement item in the box with the missing UPC and sent it back. Very simply solution. I suggested that to Newegg. NOPE! Very disappointed in them. Lying, straight up LYING to me. For shame

EDIT: I should say, the MIR was for $10...

Dimwit

I have two and both are good!

Samsung 22" monitor. Power supply issue, known problem at the time. Mine went and I called Samsung to get it fixed. They gave me an RMA. I took it there myself (packaging long gone) - it's in Mississauga, and a week later they called to say it was ready. And they DID fix it, it wasn't a replacement refurb or something (I marked the case :).
My RAM went tits up. Mem errors, BSOD's galore. DDR3 Corsair Dom Plats, 1866, 16 gig. Emailed on the Corsair Forums and they gave me the heads up. You need to run tests and such which I already had done and they gave me a RMA number. What you do is give they a valid CC #. They then send you a new kit and you have 10 days to return the old memory or they'll charge your card. Worked fine. The new kit came from China which was a surprise and not the same CAS timings but DDR3 is obsolete. I wasn't going to complain and it's been fine for a year and a half. BTW Corsair memory has a lifetime warranty and they obviously have a solid system set up for it.

Lysrin

Another kudo for Swiftech

Reposted here from my Happy Thread post. Thanks sswilson for point out this thread.

I contacted Swiftech to find out about CPU block compatibility of my H240X with 1151 and 2066 motherboards. Without me even asking for anything other than info, within a couple emails the required mounting hardware was on its way to me, no charge!

I haven't even decided to upgrade yet but it will be nice to have the hardware required on hand if I make a move.

I believe some other AIO companies are sending out hardware too, but this was yet another excellent support experience I have had with Swiftech so they deserve a mention! That kind of service keeps me as a loyal customer.

hagbard

Company Name: Crucial
Product: Ballistix
Warranty Period:Lifetime
Date purchased: 7/2/2015
Date RMAed: 15/5/2018
Where it was sent to:Meridian, ID
Ease of RMA: 8
Any extra fees?: $16 brokerage and duty
Satisfaction: 0 now 2

Had to pay to ship the ram to Crucial in the states. They send a new stick of DDR3 ram the next day, arrived ten days later. The Canada Post mail carrier told me there was $16 due for taxes and brokerage. Refused the package. Have send an email to Crucial, haven't heard back. Strongly advise to not buy products that can't be RMAed in Canada.

Update: They did eventually send another replacement without demanding I pay brokerage. They were not professional about any of this.

Last edited:

MattyMatt

Company Name: Crucial
Product: Ballistix
Warranty Period:Lifetime
Date purchased: 7/2/2015
Date RMAed: 15/5/2018
Where it was sent to: ------
Ease of RMA: 8
Any extra fees?: $16 brokerage and duty
Satisfaction: 0

Had to pay to ship the ram to Crucial in the states. They send a new stick of DDR3 ram the next day, arrived ten days later. The Canada Post mail carrier told me there was $16 due for taxes and brokerage. Refused the package. Have send an email to Crucial, haven't heard back. Strongly advise to not buy products that can't be RMAed in Canada.
Hey, this is on crucial. RMAs carry no fees, but they must not have marked it correctly.
I just did an rma with evga. They marked it as an rma - no fees!

Chris

I had good rma experience before with Crucial. After discussing with me what I had done for diagnosis, and confirmed the ram stick is bad, they sent a replcement out right away (I had to give them a credit card for authorization in case they did not receive my return). There was no fee from Canada Post. So, yes, I think they forgot to identify it as rma. I would call them to straighten it out.

hagbard

I had good rma experience before with Crucial. After discussing with me what I had done for diagnosis, and confirmed the ram stick is bad, they sent a replcement out right away (I had to give them a credit card for authorization in case they did not receive my return). There was no fee from Canada Post. So, yes, I think they forgot to identify it as rma. I would call them to straighten it out.
I have. They didn't (at least the guy in chat didn't, he said he'd pass it along and someone in their international division would get back in 24 hours). He did, however, say it was for me to work out with "my local government" so I'm not optimistic. Am very disappointed however, its been a huge hassle from start to finish.

Chris

I have. They didn't (at least the guy in chat didn't, he said he'd pass it along and someone in their international division would get back in 24 hours). He did, however, say it was for me to work out with "my local government" so I'm not optimistic. Am very disappointed however, its been a huge hassle from start to finish.
Did you tell them that all they need to do is to write "RMA" on the value of the package. I am surprise that Crucial people did not know what to do, since I had clearly had good rma with them before. Maybe time has changed, and their new staff are morons.