What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian RMA Experience

G

Company Name: EVGA
Product: 8800GT SC
Warranty Period: Lifetime
Date purchased: 11/20/07
Date RMAed: 10/26/08
Where it was sent to: Brea, CA USA
Ease of RMA: 9
Any extra fees?:Shipping 1 way
Wait time:17 days
Details: Easy and simple RMA.
Satisfaction: 9

miggs78

Company Name: Biostar
Product: Cooler Harbor Fan for Northbridge cooling
Warranty Period: 1 Year (not too sure)
Date purchased: 27th Aug 2008
Date RMAed: 21st Dec 2008
Where it was sent to: Country, Province, City: N/A
Ease of RMA: (scale of 1-10): 5
Any extra fees?: No
Wait time: (time it took to get the RMA completed): Over 1 month
Details: (detail the experience): Considering I didn't have to ship anything out, all work was done via email, it still took forever for them to ship the product.
Satisfaction: (scale of 1 - 10): 6

It took them over a month to send me a fan for my northbridge cooler harbor. They had initially sent it out via USPS, after waiting 2 weeks, I heard nothing from them nor I got any package. So new week (Mon), Biostar Support told me they would ship Fedex Ground, after waiting over another week, I emailed them asking if it was shipped, tracking number or something, no reply (that was last week), this week I emailed them yet again in anger, guess what I found a package outside my door from Fedex, then saw an email giving me a tracking number which said delivered (According to them)..
The good part was: If you look at the Cooling Harbor from Biostar, it is a heat-pipe with a fan screws onto it, my first thought they would only send a new fan, and after there email which said "We are only sending you the fan, not the heatsink", I was more sure that I was only getting a fan. When I opened the package, I was surprised by a newly packed unopened clamshell pack of a heatsink+fan+screws, exactly they wait it came when in the motherboard box.

All in all, it took them long, but their english grammar and what they sent me brought me satisfaction. I would suggest to whoever deals with them, just keep buggin them via email every week, otherwise they ain't responding to you quick.
</pre>

Soultribunal

Staff member
Company Name: ULTRA
Product: Ultra 512MB PC133 SDRAM
Warranty Period: 3 Year Nominal, Lifetime if Registered
Date purchased: Sometime in 2003
Date RMAed: 05\01\09
Where it was sent to: Fremont, CA
Ease of RMA: 10 (After only 2 emails, and 1 form I was issued an RMA #)
Any extra fees?: $8.50 (shipping)
Wait time: 9 Days (Take into consideration transit time and Customs)
Details: It was very simple really, I logged onto Ultras Site, emailed their memory support, filled out a form, emailed it again, and voila! RMA Done!
Satisfaction: 10

Hey, its old old memory for a System Running 98SE (I'm a sucker for Master of Orion, and Master of Magic). I was happy and suprised at how well it was handled, and how easy it was to get a response from them. And it is nice to know they honour their warranties and the hassle is minimial.

ST

MonsterSound

Sounds like BFG is the way to go for nVidia in Canada!
I just inquired about stepping-up my BFG 260 and I have been told to send my card to Aurora, Illinois, not Quebec. I have emailed BFG for more details asking if they intend to send the new card from Illinois.
2c

Last edited:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
BFG still processes their Trade Up cards through the USA.

element291

I always hear people saying logitech sent them a new product, and just told them to throw theirs out. I first hand'edly saw this myself to when calling them for a customer once about a laser mouse.

I called them about my G15 that was DOA and they told me I had to ship it to them before they'd ship out a new one to me. I was told I'd receive a shipping label via email, but im still waiting :sad::sad: (i called last thursday)

The same (mail yours to us, once we receive it, we'll send you a new one) happened with my Z-5500 speaker too.

JMCD

Company Name: EVGA
Product: 780i Mobo
Warranty Period: Lifetime
Date purchased: Sept 08
Date RMAed: Jan 5th 2009
Ease of RMA: 10
Wait time: 2 weeks in total, which was a 1 day turn around on their part.

Haven't had to RMA other products but this one went smoothly.

Leclerc

Mushkin ram

Company Name: Mushkin
Product: 2x1GB Dual Channel kit HP PC2-6400
Warranty Period: lifetime
Date purchased: octobre 2008
Date RMAed: january 2009
Where it was sent to: Colorado, USA
Ease of RMA: 9
Any extra fees?: One way shipping (~7$)
Wait time: 10 days
Details: Was quite impressed that it came back so fast ... was expecting much more to send the part so far (from Quebec) and across borders. I've used the "small package by plane" from Canada Post and it took 5 or 6 days to get to the company and they send back a new kit by FedEx express so it arrived after around 4 days (including a week end).

MonsterSound

some BFG step-up RMA details

some BFG step-up RMA details:
I just heard back from Jeremy from BFG (quick response +1) and as SKYMTL said the step-up is done through IL.
BFG assured me they mark it as a warranty replacement RMA to get it through customs.

I also asked if they would verify that their step-up quote was in US dollars (wasn't mentioned although it makes sense) and it is.
The step-up at BFG is a bit different than at eVGA as BFG caps the value they will give you for your card based on the lesser of their trade-up-matrix value list or the price you paid (sort-of).
Oddly, they gave me credit for my purchase price of $289 in US dollars although I paid $289 CDN and they didn't deduct the $50 rebate which I have already received and cashed. I paid $289 -$50 rebate = $239 CDN = $192 US.

Latest posts