What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian RMA Experience

Inik

Folding Team
Company Name: CoolerMaster
Product: CM Storm trooper front panel
Warranty Period: 1 year
Date purchased: september 2012
Date RMAed: October 2012
Where it was sent to: N/A
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: none
Wait time: two weeks

Details: I accidently broke one the front panel USB while cleaning my pc room. It destroyed a part of the front panel. I sent an email to the support requesting help to get a new panel, and to my surprise, they sent me a new front panel rigth away!

I finally had time to install it, and it's working great! Really impressed by CM.

Satisfaction: 10

botat29

Company Name: Western Digital
Product: 2T Black
Warranty Period:5 years
Date purchased: March 2012
Date RMAed: Last week
Where it was sent to: Canada
Any extra fees?: Shipping and an old of $ 400 on my CC
Wait time: not finished
Details: I make an advance RMA last week, WD lie on their website they said they authorize $ 1 on CC and hold the full amount on a debit card, I use my CC , they charge my once $ 1 and few minutes later $ 185 , so they keep the money until my drive return to us from DHL forwarder in Ontario. The problem is ; they send me a defective drive, so now they will charge me another $ 200 if I make an advance RMA. With all the bad sectors it's easy to see their small box is insufficient for UPS shipping. They should use a double box.

I know shit happen, but they have to support their mistake. Not ask me to give a $ 400 deposit for a $ 185 drive.

Last time I purchase a WDC. I have way to much failure rate with them.

Satisfaction: 1

Soultribunal

Staff member
Company Name: ASUS
Product: VE228 Monitor
Warranty Period: 3 years from Manufacturer Date
Date purchased: April 2011
Date RMAed: Feb 2013
Ease of RMA: 8
Wait time: 6 Days
Details: Very Simple RMA in this case, I had scanning lines when the brightness was lowered on the monitor. Could be replicated in any scenerio, and happened when the monitor was brought to my work to test on another computer. They Issued the RMA number right away.
Satisfaction: 5

Now, although my monitor was processed quickly and a 'replacement' was sent, I am absolutely astonished and apalled at what was given in return. Yes, I did get the same model of Monitor, but its condition is disgusting to say the least. It looks like a demo monitor you see at a store. There are, 'things' encrusted on the actual monitor surface. The plastic protection is half peeled away in spots, and off in other so it is obviously not new. The outer edge of the monitor is scratched, marked and with more fingerprints on it than in a crime lab.
I'll probably have to spend a good hour or two cleaning this in hopes of making it worth while. The monitor I sent in was flawless....I am a neat freak and keep my stuff clean. What I got back disgusts me...

I give 5 points for the speed that the RMA Was handled.
I give 0 because of the condition of what was returned.

-ST

Now with pictures. Had I sent this Monitor to ANY member here you guys would have lynched me.

P1270012_zps9760a962.jpg

P1270011_zps07945ad1.jpg

P1270010_zps39addb86.jpg

P1270017_zps260e151e.jpg

P1270013_zps21275086.jpg

Last edited:

BobbyLou

Banned
Stay away from Samsung Canada customer service like it's the plague. Rma'd my monitor over 2 months ago and still havn't gotten it back.

I originally had a repair issued for the monitor, but, Samsung was unable to provide the company with a new panel - even though they are the manufacture of them, so, I was told I would have to get an exchange done instead. Little did I know how terrible their exchange process is. After over one month of waiting for them to ship out the new monitor to me, I finally decided to phone in. I wish I didn't. Their customer service reps are your typical prompter reading drones and I quickly learned that to get anything done, I would need to speak to the excecutive customer relations department.

The first time I spoke with someone in the ECR department, I could literally hear them stuffing their face with a burrito the entire time they were talking with me. I asked them to stop and the person promptly hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor, I was transferred to Hoolio.

Now Hoolio, he is an interesting character. He kind of sounded like Big Smoke from GTA San Andreas. But anyway, I wasn't in the mood to start complaining about the disgruntled employee I spoke with, so I just got to the point. He explained to me that an exchange is a very complicated process and could take up to 16 weeks to complete. He told me that the only person that could approve an exchange was the president of Samsung and that he would need to send an email up to the presidents office. Hoolio then told me that I would need to send him a copy of my invoice for the monitor, along with my birth certificate and my social security number, I asked him why and he told me for security purposes.

So yeah, not really sure what to do from here. All I can say is avoid Samsung RMA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inik

Folding Team
Company Name: Mushkin
Product: RAM
Warranty Period: Limited Lifetime
Date purchased: February 2012 from BobbyLou
Date RMAed: Feb 2013
Where it was sent to: Texas
Any extra fees?: Shipping to Texas
Wait time: 6 days!!

Details: RAM died, contacted support, got a reply in 24 hours, provided the original invoice from BobbyLou and CC'd him in my reply, RMA accepted Boom! I shipped expedited and it took 6 days to reach Texas. It reached Texas on the 25th, and I receive my new kit on the 26th! (Overnight shipping from Fedex)

Really impressed by Mushkin!

Soultribunal

Staff member
I am going to update the post I made above.
After contacting ASUS RMA manager and explaining the situation with the monitor I was issued another RMA number.
I was sent a brand new monitor in replacement this time.

Instead of ASUS trying to make excuses for what had happened, they did the right thing. Admited to the mistake and gave a method to fix it. And they followed through.

So I will give me redemption for those actions.

-ST

igot6strings

Company Name: Coolit
Product: Coolit Eco 120
Warranty Period: 2 years?
Date purchased: Spring 2012
Date RMAed: Spring 2012
Where it was sent to: No where, they just requested pics to verify ownership then cancelled warranty when new unit was sent.
Wait time: 2 weeks
Details: Simple RMA. Pump was making noise so they sent me a Coolit ECO II(h60).
Satisfaction: 9

Company Name: Coolermaster
Product: 120mm Sickleflow Blue LED Fan
Date RMAed: Spring 2012
Where it was sent to: No where, they just requested invoice/pics to verify ownership.
Wait time: 2 weeks
Details: Fin broke off fan, a new one was sent out.

Company Name: NZXT
Product: Hale90 750W PSU
Warranty Period: 5 years
Date RMAed: Jan 2013
Where it was sent to: California
Ease of RMA: 11
Wait time: Still waiting.
Details: PSU exploded destroying my mobo, gpu and possibly cpu. NZXT is handling this extremely well. I should be getting replacements asap. Could not ask for a better RMA experience.
Satisfaction: 11

Company Name: OCZ
Product: OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD
Date RMAed: Winter 2012
Where it was sent to: California
Wait time: 2-3 weeks
Details: Its and OCZ ssd...what more can I say? They are prone to death.
Satisfaction: 8.

igot6strings

So yeah, not really sure what to do from here. All I can say is avoid Samsung RMA.

Post all this on their Facebook page.
Lately I'm finding the best way to get support from a company when the traditional methods don't work is to post an honest complaint on their facebook and also message them on facebook. This goes to the PR department rather than Tech Support/RMA. Big companies like to keep their PR image as untarnished as possible. Shaming them in public with honest complaints works like magic.
I had to do this with Paypal recently after someone lied about a phone I sent them saying they didnt receive it. I was able to show that he had done this countless times before with many buyers. Paypal awarded the buyer his money back in the dispute but after I talked to their facebook rep I got my money back instantly and they are now proceeding with an investigation against that buyer.

clg

Has anyone dealt with XFX for rma's as of late? I tried doing a search but came back with nill results. My pro750w is making some rather annoying noises, I suspect it to be the fan but cannot be sure. I'm not sure if they'll be able to replicate the experience I'm having, and it's really only noticeable when browsing with no music or other audio playing so I'm concerned in a loud shop they'll find no fault and ship it back.

Latest posts