What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canadian RMA Experience

Cptn Vortex

You have got to be kidding me. I sent Corsair the 2x16GB 3200MHZ LPX sticks over a month ago. Finally got the replacements... and they sent a 4 x 8GB kit. I cant use this, it's for a 128GB Threadripper build therefore need 8 x 16GB modules. What the hell.

sswilson

Staff member
You have got to be kidding me. I sent Corsair the 2x16GB 3200MHZ LPX sticks over a month ago. Finally got the replacements... and they sent a 4 x 8GB kit. I cant use this, it's for a 128GB Threadripper build therefore need 8 x 16GB modules. What the hell.

What's up with corsair warranty repair lately? Did they change who does it for them?

I've had nothing but positive experiences over the years, but then again it's been several years since I needed their services.

Cptn Vortex

What's up with corsair warranty repair lately? Did they change who does it for them?

I've had nothing but positive experiences over the years, but then again it's been several years since I needed their services.

Yea I dont know. They've certainly expanded on their product offerings, I can imagine that's caused issues in their growth, QC, and support. Still, not pleased. Not to mention that this is the 3rd RMA of their RAM for the same client. Out of 72 LPX modules in this client's machines I've built over the last year, 3 now have been defective. That's actually a rather alarming defective rate % for RAM.

Bartacus

Corsair has gone down the bloody drain in recent years. I heard they were bought out by a bigger company or something. I tend to avoid them now, especially their cases (which are now garbage). The only recent exception I made was a PCIE4 SSD, since it was the only one available in-store at the time, and I had an urge. :)

Cptn Vortex

Company Name: NewEGG.ca
Product: Acer XR342CK
Warranty Period: 2 yr?
Date purchased: July 10 2019
Date RMAed: July 16 2019
Where it was sent to: Canada, Toronto Ont.
Ease of RMA: 10
Any extra fees?: Nope
Wait time: 1 Business day to process, 3 business days to ship back to TO, 2 business days to get replacement shipped back to me.
Details: Extremely good RMA process. I received my screen DOA, big 5" line of dead pixels vertically on the screen. I submitted my RMA online and received a pre-paid shipping label that same day to send back to them to Toronto. It only took a couple days to arrive there, and on the same day it was recieved at Newegg's warehouse, the RMA was approved and a replacement order processed. They even shipped the replacement UPS Express saver Next Business Day service! I got the replacement screen and it is free of defects. Very very pleased with their handling of this RMA!
Satisfaction: 10

gingerbee

1. Asus was super simple super easy only problem some may have is I had to pay for shipping to them but they paid for it back to me and was fast. less than 2 weeks in total. Got a new board. RMA was in Canada

2. Kingston Digital Inc was much harder ( I think cause I am in Orillia no FedEx here ) I had to go to staples and get them to help fill out waybill and even then they were not sure if it was done right but in the end, it all worked out. Total time about 3-4 weeks. Got a new SSD.
RMA was in California

sswilson

Staff member
Software support as opposed to RMA, but kudos to Athentech (apparently now EyeQ) for top notch CS. That's twice now I've needed to contact them (once by phone once by email) on the weekend and both times they've responded quickly and with solutions to my issues.

Thumbs up for a Calgary company!

FreeKnight

Was trying to find the old RMA thread to no luck, so I'll just ask here.

Has anyone had to RMA a GPU to either company in the last couple years? I know EVGA used to be the gold standard for easy RMAs other than shipping to California, but wasn't sure if Asus has improved their process in the last few years or not.

Solace

All companies with a name are actually "good", its just some you may need to kick them in the ass to know where your product is at or ask for a manager since generally front facing representatives either a. do not give two fucks about it or b. do not actually know anything because they are new and learning

Based on own experiences with these so called "bad companies" that have room RMA experiences. 80% of companies are understaffed with a lack of process due to cheaper labor and generally only a manager gets things done.

Latest posts