What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canda Post $#&* Company now?

JD

Staff member
Not sure if it would help matters, but maybe stay up one day when you think a delivery is coming, or setup a camera? I'm honestly curious if somebody is working at those hours. At the very least, you could then provide that to CP to say "look, nobody was here but they said delivery was attempted".

Are you up in the Arctic though? Do you have periods where it's bright at night? In such cases I could possibly see them working at 1am...but still odd.

gingerbee

from what I can tell is they rushed to hire a bunch of delivery guy/gals and a lot of them are being super lazy had it happen to me being told by amazon that they tried to delivery but I didn't even get a card and CP office tells me it's not even in my city yet so I had to put a complaint in and that helped but I told the Canada post folks I know locally and personal that all these 3rd party delivery people are making all Canada post look really bad and I think they know this.

my old delivery guy who worked for them quite because he said that there hiring anyone they can get and most of the new people don't even try to deliver the package they just right up the slip and get the postmen to deliver it the next day, then they drive the packages to there drop point and go home for the day. sounds like a sweet gig work for 3 hrs get paid fro 10. total BS and they need to fix it.

Everyone I know who wears clothing that says Canada post is great I always get my mail and packages when my mail lady delivers it.

its subcontractor that are making the rest look bad IMHO

edit yup camera's helped me I was able to show on my phone that no one tried to deliver anything on that day the card says

Cannon Fodder

Guess we're just lucky - our mail delivery woman, who's a subcontractor, has delivered to our door LOTS of times over the years. There have also been plenty of times where we got either the door hanger left, or the card in the mail box, but in those cases, it was usually our fault, for one reason or another. There have been a few other times over the years, that we got the card in the mail box, that I'm fairly sure there was no delivery attempted, but on those rare occasions, I suspect it was when our regular mail delivery woman was off on vacation, or when she was sick or injured, and we had her replacement doing the route.

Cannon Fodder

Not sure if it would help matters, but maybe stay up one day when you think a delivery is coming, or setup a camera? I'm honestly curious if somebody is working at those hours.

Yeah, that WOULD be interesting to see if that's the case...... it really seems pretty unlikely though..... I would've thought it had to be a case of simply putting in some B.S. time and never actually attempting deliver, but it is VERY odd to input THAT time of day as the attempted delivery time!

zoob

I recently sent a package with Signature Confirmation. Recipient did not receive it at home. Tracking said it was signed "M M" and had the privacy option selected. Turns out it was delivered to the community mailbox and signed by the "Mail Man"

Service really depends on your local delivery guy. The people on my route are fantastic and I can usually swing by the post office after work after delivery attempts and pick up the parcel using the online tracking app.

lowfat

Staff member
I use to have insane amounts of issues w/ CP. It was bad enough that the woman @ the post office knew me by name as I was there so often picking up items they never attempted to deliver. Was at the point that I was going to get a camera @ the door to prove they weren't ever attempting deliveries. But then I got a new carrier that was awesome. If he was on the block, and saw me leave he'd even flag me down so I could get the package. I've had a few carriers since but haven't had an issue.

sswilson

Staff member
I use to have insane amounts of issues w/ CP. It was bad enough that the woman @ the post office knew me by name as I was there so often picking up items they never attempted to deliver. Was at the point that I was going to get a camera @ the door to prove they weren't ever attempting deliveries. But then I got a new carrier that was awesome. If he was on the block, and saw me leave he'd even flag me down so I could get the package. I've had a few carriers since but haven't had an issue.

Mine doesn't go quite this far, but was at least willing to go into the back of her truck to retrieve a parcel that she'd already tried to deliver when I tracked her down in the neighbourhood and asked her nicely.

JD

Staff member
If he was on the block, and saw me leave he'd even flag me down so I could get the package.
Mines pretty close to this, usually he'll bring the normal mail first and knock to tell me he'll be back with packages, or if I happen to be outside he'll tell me.

But at the same time, I've had bad ones that mark it as delivered before it even arrives at the door. I guess whenever they put it in their truck? Other times I've had ones where it said delivered but no slip or sign of a person, next day the slip comes with the regular mail.

In my quick chat with my current guy though, it sounds like their scanners are GPS-tracked now, or at least here in Toronto.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Like wth so they employ drug dealers or something or do they get a notification and say of hit the delivery attempted button and go back to sleep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200211-012221_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-012221_eBay.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts