What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canda Post $#&* Company now?

Cannon Fodder

Iv had a $600 tablet left in the snow on my porch at old address before they never said anything no notice nothing only way I found it was when I was headi g off to work.
DAMN, you've had some real lousy luck with the posties wherever you've lived!!! I'm wondering if they find out you've moved, and then they get transferred to your area, just so they can mess with you......

Shadowarez

Folding Team
i wouldnt doubt it i tried asking over the phone with cp customer service but they said thats them scanning it at depot, i told em no it cleary says out for delivery, then deliver y attempted at 1:50 am. got hung up on lol,

Mr. Friendly

can you have stuff shipped to your work address, Shadow? because I'm working during most usual delivery hours and lived in the top floor of an apartment, I shipped most things to my work. businesses get treated well, so when something goes to a business address it's generally fairly hassle free.

or perhaps a friends work address, if it's not really feasible for yours. or maybe get a PO box? A lot of companies won't ship to PO boxes, but the way to get around that is make it like an apartment address...so 123 (whatever your box number is) - 456 Main Street, City, Prov / Terr, Postal Code. I get away with doing that all the time for customers of mine that live in lil rural towns that only have PO boxes. :)

Shadowarez

Folding Team
So looks like insurance is a scam if sending anything marked fragile so that's a complete waste of money. Lesson hear if sending computer parts don't buy insurance with Canada post as its a scam they knowingly sell you knowing full well you can't make a claim.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lysrin

That's a bit surprising. So what's the moral there: Pack well, don't mark fragile, and then if damaged you can file a claim?? If there is no consequence to them for mishandling a fragile item what's the point?

Frustrating to say the least.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
yeah thats exactly what i came to as well. guess more we know, dont pay for insurance it does nothing but fatten there bottom line.

sswilson

Staff member
I'd question whether a properly packaged PC should be considered a fragile item. If it is, then what do they consider not to be a fragile item??? An Anvil perhaps?????

Have you asked if there is any appeal process other than going to court? The damage to the package is well above what one would expect from normal handling no matter what the label says.......

JD

Staff member
yeah thats exactly what i came to as well. guess more we know, dont pay for insurance it does nothing but fatten there bottom line.
I always suspected as much, the little they charge has no possible way to cover all the potential damage claims that they likely get. They also have no "industry standard" to evaluate the cost of the goods being sent either. Pretty much the only thing you can reasonably get insurance on is a vehicle where there's a blue/black book value.