What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Canda Post $#&* Company now?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
i wrapped this thing tightly in air packets, all around the case around the corners, and even used other boxes to steady it in place. ill have to ask them this as it wasnt a free pc from trash bin it did cost roughly $1000 in parts/labour,

Cannon Fodder

So looks like insurance is a scam if sending anything marked fragile so that's a complete waste of money. Lesson here if sending computer parts don't buy insurance with Canada post as its a scam they knowingly sell you knowing full well you can't make a claim.
That's a bit surprising. So what's the moral there: Pack well, don't mark fragile, and then if damaged you can file a claim?? If there is no consequence to them for mishandling a fragile item what's the point?

I'd say it's more like Lysrin said, i.e. the lesson here is, buy insurance, but DO NOT mark the package as "fragile".... that reply you received pretty much says exactly that. :oops:

Although the situation sucks, I'm glad you brought this up, because although I haven't done so in a long time, I have, in the past, used CP's "Fragile" stickers on many boxes of computers and/or computer parts. Will have to file that nugget of information away, for future reference.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
so not sure if im reading this right or not understanding this email, i put in a inquiry as to were my intel core i9 9900K is that id ordered, it was from the states to me here, it arrived in edmonton on the 12th of march i put in a inquiry to see wtf is taking so long for my cpu to arrive, this is the reply, does tha tmean some Dbag at the plant in Edmonton seen this and said oo free cpu ill just take that for myself? doi i need t oget an lawyer to sue these scumbags? i mean this is the 2nd time they F*#%&$@ me first was the computer they destroyed that id put insurance on, now this.

Dear Customer,

Our investigation into your request indicates that no scan has been uploaded to the Canada Post tracking system to indicate delivery of your item.

We appreciate the concern associated with this shipment. At Canada Post, we strive to provide exceptional service and the best delivery experience possible and security of the mail is a top priority at Canada Post.

Any further action must be initiated by the sender of the item. If you have still not received the item, please notify the sender and instruct them to contact Canada Post if they wish to initiate a claim.

Cannon Fodder

so not sure if im reading this right or not understanding this email, i put in a inquiry as to were my intel core i9 9900K is that id ordered, it was from the states to me here, it arrived in edmonton on the 12th of march i put in a inquiry to see wtf is taking so long for my cpu to arrive, this is the reply,

Dear Customer,

Our investigation into your request indicates that no scan has been uploaded to the Canada Post tracking system to indicate delivery of your item.

We appreciate the concern associated with this shipment. At Canada Post, we strive to provide exceptional service and the best delivery experience possible and security of the mail is a top priority at Canada Post.

Any further action must be initiated by the sender of the item. If you have still not received the item, please notify the sender and instruct them to contact Canada Post if they wish to initiate a claim.

Yeah, I can usually decipher what they're talking about, but I'm not sure on this one either, especially that 1st line in the reply..... to me, that's kind of a "DUH!" moment, i.e. OF COURSE there's nothing to indicate delivery of the item, which is why you're asking about it!

Just to be clear, where are you located? I'm assuming, based on what you said, the tracking # you have shows that the package arrived in Edmonton, on the 12th, and there's been ZERO updates since then?

I don't know if Edmonton has Customs inspections(would think that would happen further south, when the item crosses the border), but I once had a package that sat at Customs for an entire month, and when it FINALLY arrived, the paperwork showed that it arrived from Arizona, to Richmond, BC, in 2 days, and IIRC, was never officially opened for inspection, but just sat there the entire time.

As for the last line in CP's reply, that's the normal procedure, i.e. the sender of the package is the party that has to file an insurance claim for loss of the package.

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I'm way up in Yellowknife. The item was inspected in Toronto. Then got to Mississauga then landed in Edmonton and I paid the duties and taxes on it. Then it just sat there since 12th.

Izerous

Folding Team
Ordered large capacity SD card for raspberry pi. Was marked as delivered and signed as "COVID19". Wasn't in community mailbox, and the fresh snow on the walkway proved they never tried to delivery to the house. Instead in the community mailbox was TWO different packages for TWO different people. One of the was my neighbour the other was like 3 blocks away so no even the right community mailbox stand. Took submitting a ticket to Canada Post and I took the one package to my neighbour and the other I had to return to the post office.

They claim it was put in the community mailbox but I was given the wrong key... screw up on top of screw ups considering if they had given me the right key my neighbour would have still gotten a package not intended for her.

Cannon Fodder

I'm way up in Yellowknife. The item was inspected in Toronto. Then got to Mississauga then landed in Edmonton and I paid the duties and taxes on it. Then it just sat there since 12th.

So tracking shows NOTHING since the 12th, which means, theoretically, that CP still has it..... somewhere. Sounds like you're going to have to get the package sender to file a claim, BUT ISTR they don't do anything until the item has been M.I.A. for 30 days. So, out of curiosity, what's up with having already paid the taxes on it? Anything I've ever received via CP, has only required me to pay the taxes when I receive the package, NOT before. o_O

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Yeah this came from the states and this is the 3rd time I had to pay the duties and taxes on items before they even released it for delivery.

bassnut

You can PM me the tracking and I can ask one of my supervisors to check. I probably cant find out much but who knows. Most of the packages are delivered by contractors like me, you get good and bad in the bunch and sometimes mistakes just happen its being human unfortunately. Of the 15 drivers in our group I would say half really try to do their job right the other half .... meh to out right bad we had one such guy he could do 40 or 50 packages from 11am till 5 pm but from 5pm till 9 pm 150+ we never could completely figure out what he was doing, he got fired after 3 months. Here in Kingston our company has had problems getting good workers even at $18 / hr.

The outright bad just don't last mind you that is dependent on how many people are available for that kind of work in your area for allot it is just a paycheck unfortunately and when we do get a good rookie they get schooled by the bad so they don't make them look bad. I went through that, I'm a broker I get paid by the piece and the more I deliver the more I make, I made the old guys look bad and they tried to make me want to quit, that didn't happen and they left since the boss started to expect more from them. This is probably what is going on at your post office, even when contractors change the workers are just carried over as it is impossible to bring in all new people right off the bat like that. I have close to 20 years in the business most as an on demand courier where customer service is required as the cost of those I need it delivered now packages are very expensive which gives me a different outlook and has helped me get where I am now.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
3 things iv learned about Canada post this year.

1. Insurance claims are fraud and they wont Honor them even with proof
2. They can't actually track packages that are lost
3. They attempt delivery at whatever hour they want

Latest posts