What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cannot get into bios, no post

Chris

I have been using this itx build since the summer, but tonight, it suddenly quit. When I turn it on, the keyboard light flashes, and on the screen, it shows "Gigabyte UEFI-DualBIOS" for a few seconds, and reboots again. All fans are turning (cpu and case). I have tried clearing cmos, unplug the battery, unplug all hdd, and changed RAM, but the same result. Hitting the delete button does not bring in the bios.
What else can I do?

AMD A8 7600 Quad Core APU 3.8/3.1GHZ Processor FM2+ 4MB
GIGABYTE F2A88XN-WIFI AMD FM2+ A88X DDR3 SATA PCI Express

Last edited:

clshades

were you overclocking? Sometimes to reset the board you gotta discharge the PSU and do a hard reset. Basically you unplug the PSU and leave it switched ON try to fire the computer it should reset it. The problem with the APU boards is the passive cooling is pretty crap and they overheat. I don't overclock my APU systems anymore after killing a board. You can also try unplugging the main power from the board and plugging it back in again... In any case the board is either fried or the bios is corrupted and the backup bios isn't loading.

Sounds like you've tried everything you can though.

Chris

No, I do not overclock it. It is mainly used for home theater use, downloading and streaming video. I have unplug the psu and did what you said many times, including clearing cmos. I have also checked the psu voltage and they are normal. I think you might be right that the bios is dead. I have asked Gigabyte tech support and waiting for what they have to say. It will take them 2-3 days to respond.
Any other ideas, please let me know.

djbrad

Had the same problem with my z170xp-sli when I built it last year. This trick saved me (method 2 to force backup bios) :

Method #1:
1. Shut your PC down
2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

Method #2:
1. Shut your PC down
2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
3. Backup BIOS should kick in anytime soon now.

KaptCrunch

bios F6 2015/12/28
Update APU AGESA code for Carrizo support

is the current for motherboard Rev3 check MB for the RevX.XX written on MB to get correct bios for Manufactures use same model# with different Revisions

Note: rev's are different vendor chips used so you a chevy part MB and flashed a ford part bios
....DOA after reboot

check if have a Rev 2 or 1 if flashed another Rev.....you got to replace CMOS chip with correct bios

Attachments

• birt.jpg
    birt.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Chris

Thanks. I have a rev 3 mobo and I think I already have F6 (well, it maybe corrupt now). How do I update or reflash the bios when I cannot boot it up. It just reboots itself showing the Gigabyte logo, then the Gigabyte UEDF-DualBIOS on the screen, and after a few seconds, it would reboot again. Please explain the procedure.

I have got a RMA from Gigabyte, but I would much prefer to fix it myself if I can.

Latest posts