What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can't connect to the WiFi - Every other device can though...

AmuseMe

I can't seem to get my m18xR2 to connect to the wifi at my mom and dads house. It connected fine to my wifi at the house I live at in Lloyd, it connects to my cell phone tether, but just wont connect to theirs.

My cell phone is able to connect to the wifi, just not my laptop. It keeps saying "limited access".

Does anyone knows whats up?

Chareon

Delete the wireless profile on your laptop for that SSID and try connecting again.

If that doesn't work, verify that DHCP is working, its possible your phone has a lease that just hasn't expired yet. Another possibility might be some sort of filtering on the wireless, I know MAC address filtering is pretty common on consumer routers.

The Quicken

Delete the wireless profile on your laptop for that SSID and try connecting again.

If that doesn't work, verify that DHCP is working, its possible your phone has a lease that just hasn't expired yet. Another possibility might be some sort of filtering on the wireless, I know MAC address filtering is pretty common on consumer routers.
This^^

Also try resestting you wires adapter (win7 troublshoot)
or do the following:
start menu
run
cmd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Twitter