What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can't decide on a headset help please

jipi1472

Hi,

I had HyperX Cloud 2 headset with wire the past few years and I liked them overall but mostly for the comfort.

I wanted to go wireless recently and my previous headset was dying so I bought HyperX Cloud 2 wireless headset being positive that it would be comfortable and have a high quality overall.

I got really disapointed because the sound was trash even if I used an equalizer and I made a full troubleshooting of anything that could make it sound bad. Guess it's just the headset itself and that the fact it is wireless.

So, is there a comfortable headset similar to these ones, wireless but still has a really good audio quality?

Other than that, I have a soundcard Creative SoundBlaster Creative 3D THX PCIe Sb1350

I'm playing on pc only with my headset usually.

I'm aiming at a budget of 300-400 cdn max and I'm open to any combo idea for amps / dacs if necessary.

I watched a lot of videos from Hardware Canucks and reviews also but I struggle to find the good choice.

Help me please.

Last edited:

FreeKnight

The only wireless headset that seems to get near universal positive press is the Steel series arctis pro;https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B079YBKT3H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ultimately if you're just playing on PC, I'd recommend going with wired cans though. You'll get much better bang for your buck plus you'll get wider options in terms of 'open vs closed' (all wireless sets are closed to my knowledge), system compatibility (PS4/XBX/etc)

Rtings is another source for thorough reviews on headsets. I personally just went with the Mass PC38X from Sennheiser, but haven't used them for gaming yet, just work conference calls.

jipi1472

The only wireless headset that seems to get near universal positive press is the Steel series arctis pro

Ultimately if you're just playing on PC, I'd recommend going with wired cans though. You'll get much better bang for your buck plus you'll get wider options in terms of 'open vs closed' (all wireless sets are closed to my knowledge), system compatibility (PS4/XBX/etc)

Rtings is another source for thorough reviews on headsets. I personally just went with the Mass PC38X from Sennheiser, but haven't used them for gaming yet, just work conference calls.

I'm considering seriously to stay wired in the end. With the experience i've got recently I can say that there is a huge difference in my ears versus wired versions of a headset.

So, considering wired headsets, would you still recommend this headset (wired version of course) of something else? I'm worried about this model in term of confort because the reviews didn't give a high score on this if I'm correct.

Latest posts

Twitter