What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

cant get computer to start

Defiant

alright so i just put together my firstcomputer. When i finished hooking everything up i tried turning it on nothing happens except for a solid orange led light turning on and my psu making a beep noise when i try turning it on for the first attempt. my motherboard is a evga 780i and the power supply is a ocz modxstrem-pro 600w.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Hmmmm you may have to post your complete system Specs so the Good Gentlemen here can try and Troubleshoot this.

Now, You have the Both Motherboard Power Cables Plugged in Correct?

I think from reading on other threads here the OCZ P/S can be an issue.
Do you have another PS you can use to test it?

My first thoughts at least.

ST

Defiant

no i dont and i just jump started my psu and it works fine it lights up my case fans. i also have 4bg ocz reaper dd2-800, evga 9800 gtx+, core 2 quad q9300,

Soultribunal

Staff member
Hmmm my thought was if its not giving enough power down the Rails when everything is hooked up, not so much a faulty PS as one that can't provide enough Power for the system in its entirety.

I'm not familiar with the Error Codes on Non-Intel Boards (manufactured) so I can't say much else.

My only other 'thoughts' would be to put only one Ram Stick in DIMM 1, Reseat the CPU, and then Try again

ST

Defiant

I GOT IT TO START!... yeah i must of had a loose connection because i unplugged then replugged everything in and it starts. i am so happy. this is my first build and it feels so great. thanks for the suggestions.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Good Stuff!
Usually when the PS beeps at you, its supply related.

Grats on your first build!!! I hope it works great for you!

ST

Twitter