What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can't get windows to install

AmuseMe

I am still trying to get this PC of mine working, but it just isn't working... I also don't want to cough up $50 for a professional to do it for me lol. Anyways, I just formated my HDD, and when I am half way through the installation, it dies. I get a blue screen but I DONT THINK it's the BSOD. The words are not centered like they are with the BSOD, the are left aligned and say "Windows shut down to prevent damage to the system" and "If this is the first time you have seen this screen...blah blah drivers" however, there are no drivers because there is no OS yet. Anyone know what's wrong?

Intel Q9550 E0
ASUS Rampage Extreme
4GB DDR3 1600MHz Mushkin
Seagate Baracuda 500GB 7200.11
Sapphire 4870X2 w/ arctic cooling accelero extreme
PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750w

NOTHING in the bios has been touched.

shayan288

This may sound ridicoulous but try another CD, or just *cough* conveniently download *cough* the ISO of the OS on to a cd this has happened to me in the past (or something similar) and I used a different CD and it was all good. Just a suggestion.

Perineum

I've found the "Windows shut down to prevent damage to the system" errors usually mean that something like the processor is overheating.

I'd check your cpu HSF... and your hardware in general

You seem to be having a bit of a rough go at this. If you are in my area I will come by, free of charge, and show you whatever you're missing.

silent1mezzo

Check to make sure all the cables to the hard drive that you're formatting are securely plugged in. Had this happen to me once before (when through all the RAM and the HS before I thought of this)...

EDIT: 100th Post :biggrin:

KaptCrunch

amuseme

wrong driver is loading causing shutdown

what type of drives are using and have the correct driver for MB controlier chip

i see you have 2 post on this issue of learning to install OS

sometips

first match up memory to your MB using QVL ( i don't see yours in there)

get all current drivers for your hardware on a disk/stick

then mount OS

Attachments

• assme.jpg
    assme.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

cdn_Madrach

re

I have had the exact same thing happen to me recently and it very well could be a bad disk. Mine did the same thing with my xp home cd and when I tried my other disk it went flawlessly....just put in the first disks key. Kept saying I had a hardware problem. Worth a shot if you are certain all your hardware is ok .

chrisk

Folding Captain
I would check the ram as somebody mentioned. Also, at times I find not enought volts are sent to the ram. check the bios and make sure enough volts are being sent for your ram.

Latest posts