What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Can't Select SSD for OS Install

AmuseMe

Wanted to do a clean Windows 10 OS reinstall on my laptop. I have a 256GB SSD (boot drive, select software, etc) and a 1TB HDD. I wiped both and reformatted. They are both recognized in the BIOS, but when I get to the step where I select the install location for the OS, there is no SSD. I can install the OS onto the HDD and then see the SSD from DSKMGR.

What am I doing wrong here?

JD

Staff member
Is it plugged into a different SATA controller that might need a driver?

It could also be poor formatting. I'd suggest the following from an Admin CMD window:
Code:
diskpart
list disk
(find the disk number of your SSD, using it in the next command)
select disk [I]x[/I] 
clean
exit
Or you can run these commands while your on the page that asks you to select your disk during the Windows install by pressing Shift+F10 to bring up CMD prompt.

AmuseMe

Is it plugged into a different SATA controller that might need a driver?

It could also be poor formatting. I'd suggest the following from an Admin CMD window:
Code:
diskpart
list disk
(find the disk number of your SSD, using it in the next command)
select disk [I]x[/I] 
clean
exit
Or you can run these commands while your on the page that asks you to select your disk during the Windows install by pressing Shift+F10 to bring up CMD prompt.
Only shows up the HDD and the boot USB. No SSD in the command prompt. Must be driver related. I'll proceed with that. Thanks JD

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter