What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Car advice? Durable, comfortable, 4wd

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Okay maybe that RR is a scam... Price seems too good to be true, now that I'm checking similar models.

Dream car? Ha. Not in my lifetime.

clshades

thanks for the replies all, sorry i havent been online much recently.
things are... difficult. made moreso by worsening health and very limited funds.

my little list of possibilities so far is:
- Lexus rx-series suv
- Toyota 4runner or highlander
- Range rover* (hey its a dream car, cant drop it just yet)
- acura suv
(im missing some, will get to them when i can)

someone said fuel prices? not an issue, im off work and drive once a week, maybe twice. Some of that is down to not feeling safe driving it though. I just want something safe, comfortable and reliable.

*Speaking of range rovers.. I may have found one? its via a transport company, which ive never used before, but the car itself seems good?
<60,000 kms. 2014 RR supercharged (good thing gas isnt an issue)
Frankly, its gorgeous. and the best part: somehow the owner is only asking 12k. Thats basically the same as what I paid for my outlander, so as long as I can get an okay amount for it, the damage to my pocketbook wont be toooooo bad.

Ive got a lot of thinking to do, which isnt easy when youre in a bad situation... I dont want to be rushed into a purchase I may regret, but 12k is also 4-6K cheaper than any similar RR ive seen so far, so I dont know what to do...

My 1st question about the rover would be, why so much cheaper?

Herne

thanks for the replies all, sorry i havent been online much recently.
things are... difficult. made moreso by worsening health and very limited funds.

my little list of possibilities so far is:
- Lexus rx-series suv
- Toyota 4runner or highlander
- Range rover* (hey its a dream car, cant drop it just yet)
- acura suv
(im missing some, will get to them when i can)

someone said fuel prices? not an issue, im off work and drive once a week, maybe twice. Some of that is down to not feeling safe driving it though. I just want something safe, comfortable and reliable.

*Speaking of range rovers.. I may have found one? its via a transport company, which ive never used before, but the car itself seems good?
<60,000 kms. 2014 RR supercharged (good thing gas isnt an issue)
Frankly, its gorgeous. and the best part: somehow the owner is only asking 12k. Thats basically the same as what I paid for my outlander, so as long as I can get an okay amount for it, the damage to my pocketbook wont be toooooo bad.

Ive got a lot of thinking to do, which isnt easy when youre in a bad situation... I dont want to be rushed into a purchase I may regret, but 12k is also 4-6K cheaper than any similar RR ive seen so far, so I dont know what to do...
Jalopnik runs a series called 'Nice Price or Crack Pipe' just for this. Maybe you can get your RR featured. (though expect some CP)

Babrbarossa

if you add homely to that list of requirements, yeah, subaru is the most economical and reliable option for AWD cars and they have good resale. Avoid mitsubishi.
I am looking forward to the 2021 RAV4 plugin-hybrid though - has enough electric miles to get me into town and back every day, with a gas engine for the longer trips - also has 300hp to make it fun.

gingerbee

be careful RR our known for blown head gasket and you can hide it with chemicals to seal up the leak but once they blow most folks replace the whole engine. Once they blow they tend to warp the head. just a heads up had it happen to a family member

CMetaphor

Quadfather
when I see thinks like vehicles to good to be true I think tags and computer swaps vehicle from different area stolen possibly or rebuilt.

Yeah, it is highly suspicious and highly doubtful. But the person doesn't *seem* to be a con artist, and most importantly:
They're claiming that they are going to use a vehicle transport service and a go-between. Because the car is located so far away, they're going to ship it to me and *freeze the funds for ten days* , until I am satisfied or whatever.
The service in question is called "Gaete-Talbert Corporation" or GTC. And it, too, *seems* to be legitimate...

I don't know what to do. A dream car being dangled before my eyes is hard to ignore...

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... quite frankly, I wouldn't even consider a private sale that wasn't local. Wayyyyy too many ways to separate somebody from their money without delivering the goods, and even more so when the deal sounds too good to be true.

There's also no BBB listing at all for them.

Latest posts