What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Card Option

OverkillYJ

I currently working on a new water cooling build and i have 2 options for video cards:

- Currently I have 2 EVGA 770 hydros (one in current build, one brand new) and am searching for a third but they are impossible to find

- Or spend the extra money and get a Titan with EK block

Suggestions?

Dragonstongue

With DX12, Vulkan etc IMO Radeons are much more the way to go, while 770 are indeed powerful (I only have a 7870 while I love it, am waiting on AMD new offerings) I would say that you would be better off to update to new when available, and in that aspect, wait because both Green and Red are coming with new ones very soon.

If it were my $ and had to have it now, a single 380x if you are rocking up to 1440p(may have to reduce settings slightly) or 390-390x for beyond, obviously want at least a 650w which am sure you have :)

New Tomb Raider and mentioned DX12-Vulkan will make multi-gpu and lower power usage on nearly all parts I am sure, probably make new ones that can take advantage of the modern absolutely shine, the scaling for CF and SLi in this game is very awesome, so while I never was a fan of dual card as many cases are simply NOT designed for it as mobo makers do not space very well the ports and such very well, and to be able to have proper spacing usually requires a big case for proper size mobo, they really need to get away from a hard socket design and maybe go for more a ribbon style, could SO have better features and cooling ability that way.

OverkillYJ

I already have many pieces for my build:

-Rampage V
-AX1500i
-EK MOBO monoblock
-5930 CPU

To Buy:
-Caselabs SMA8
-Corsair Vengeance 3200 32g
-Rads, pumps, rigid tubing, etc.

As for AMD, never again. Both a friend and I ran dual 5850s when they first came out and swore to never touch AMD after having to wait months and months for new drivers when games came out. I am hoping to build in the next month or two, so waiting for next gen is not really an option since I really don't want to build a water cooling loop only to drain it and re-plumb it to replace the cards.

Mastabutts

I'm using AMD these days. I really miss the more aggressive driver updates when I had Nvidia... AMD software seems to have a bunch more bloatware (raptr anyone?) and isnt' anywhere near as easy to update.