What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case options 011 Dynamic, p600s or Define R6

stuillz

Hello All!

Working on a new build. I'm planning to use a 360 sized aio for cpu cooling, and air-cooling with a 2080 super.

With that in mind I've been narrowing my case options down to the:
Lian-Li 011 Dynamic
Phanteks p600s
Fractal Design's Define R6
and a MainGear Vybe case (they sell them at my local Microcenter and seem similar but less featured.)

Anybody have a particularly strong opinion on which of the these cases offers the best airflow for the air cooled portion and feature set? All the reviews I've gone through have been very positive but I haven't seen much on how they compare with each other.

Thanks!

sswilson

Staff member
I've got a PC-011 Air (as opposed to the dynamic) but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend some version of this case to anybody. That said... for your needs it's largely going to be an aesthetic choice. (Again though... I'd still give the PC-011 line a thumbs up as it's design/footprint sets it apart from the other three you listed).

FreeKnight

While I really liked the O11 Dynamic I had on air, there's a few things to keep in mind;
1) There's limited CPU cooler clearance.The biggest you'll be able to fit will be shorter than a Hyper 212, you'll need something like the Cryorig H7. Not an issue if you use an AIO though. It is primarily designed as a water cooling case.

2) The footprint is massive and you'll notice some empty real estate in the case without Rads and fans taking up the space. It's still a good case, but if you've got limited hardware (CPU, GPU, M2 and say 1 HDD) you could definitely go with a smaller case if that matters to you.

The Fractals are getting a bit dated in my opinion, but the P600S could be a solid choice. I've only dealt with Phantek's Evolv lineup but I still haven't seen any case that compared quality wise (though airflow suffers in a few models for rads).

stuillz

Thank you both for your input. I did decide to go with the Lian Li o11 dynamic. I'm planning to do some sort of vinyl/decaling to the panels to personalize it, and should be benching and building next week.

Latest posts

Twitter