What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

sswilson

Staff member
What I love is the delta from load temp to idle temp.

None of this... "we'll slowly work our way back down to idle temps" crap. It's "full temp to idle temp" in a fraction of a second... :)

cdn_Madrach

What I love is the delta from load temp to idle temp.

None of this... "we'll slowly work our way back down to idle temps" crap. It's "full temp to idle temp" in a fraction of a second... :)
What Wilson said:thumb: I used to be able to get a pretty accurate read on my cpu/gpu temps just by clicking on my temp monitoring software after running bench.(not most accurate but pretty close at the time :ph34r: ) But now if I were to try that the temps have already fallen considerably by the time(few seconds) my app would start or refresh:biggrin: So now I log my temps during bench so I can see more correct temps:thumb: On air it would take 20 or more seconds for temp to drop 1 degree, now its like a countdown:punk: constantly changing as you watch it till it gets back to idle temp.

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
Almost at 12000 on 3dmark 06- When she's working the chipset really screams- literally- is it the large volt regulators that do that? The uncovered ones? or is it the small ones with the passive heatsinks on them- I wonder if putting little heatsinks on the large ones would be helpful.

cdn_Madrach

yeah- it'll overclock to 680MHz cpu, and 1000 mhz memory- Not surprisingly, I was able to increase the gpu from 600 to 680, but I don't think I can get any more out of the ram - The passive cooling doesn't help temps there, I guess.

Temps for the gpu never seem to go above 43 at load.

I'm surprised at how close the idle and load temps are for cpu and gpu.
Maybe try a little airflow over the ramsinks:thumb: Can't hurt and might squeeze some more outta mem:)

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
You will see plenty more pics when I have the review up. :thumb:

As for the door....mums the word until I post the review. Lets just put it this way: it can dub as bulletproof armour.:ph34r:

Twitter