What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

Babrbarossa

Here are a couple of pics with the cables tidied up somewhat- I need to get some cable sleeves that aren't see-through! :doh:

The glow cable said "blue" on the package- it's almost more green- might be losing that soon.

Attachments

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Looks good

But MAN do 680I mobos and bottom-mounted PSUs not go well together.:ph34r:

Babrbarossa

Agree! :thumb:

Just wondering but what additives you used ? Zerex ?
No, just a little water wetter with deionized water.

There was supposed to be two pics on that last post- this one you can see the cables better in - SKYMTL's right- all the major cable connections are at the top of the board- there is a little mod that can be done where you pull off the motherboard side of the case and run the cables in the space between the tray and the case-wall and out of a hole you drill behind the top of the motherboard. I thought about it but I was tired of cutting metal.

As you know, the p180 doesn't have a window, though, so it's not a show-case anyway. It's not like I can show it off to anyone around home anyway- I don't think I'd even want to show it to my luddite techno-peasant friends :biggrin: - they might beat me with an axe handle.

Here's the better view of the cables.

Attachments

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
If you had a long enough 8-pin connector you could pass it BEHIND the motherboard panel.

Like I did here but the other way around....

Babrbarossa

there is a little mod that can be done where you pull off the motherboard side of the case and run the cables in the space between the tray and the case-wall and out of a hole you drill behind the top of the motherboard. I thought about it but I was tired of cutting metal.
That's what I meant, but it the tray is solid so it requires holes cut and peeling the right-side panel off which I guess I just didn't feel like doing at the time- too impatient to get it running.

Babrbarossa

OK! I drilled the danged hole and re-rerouted the cables- here's the new look- feel free to tsk tsk if there's still something that you disapprove of- This is my first build so I need the advice.

Attachments

sswilson

Staff member
Looks great! Nice clean top mount install on the rad.

Ummmmm I'm looking and looking..... where's the pump? :)

Babrbarossa

Thanks! (brimming with pride) Yeah the pump is behind the res. Thanks to CdnMadrach and either generosity or a glitch at NCIX, I had just enough heatsinks to put on all of those big fat v-regs (i think that's what they are) around the chipset that didn't already have any cooling on them- I touched them today and they were burning hot! I was surprised since there is really quite a breeze blowing through there with six 120mm fans blowing through. I think the heatsink are helping because I can't hear the 680i chipset squeal nearly as much.

Latest posts

Twitter