What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

Silent_Avenger

So I just spent a couple hours sorting all the cables in my case and actually give some effort into my cable management. All I've got to say is that CM Cosmos S has got to be one of the worst cases to do cable management in. :angry2: Anyways I did my best and tried to hide as much as possible especially my 4 temp sensors, let me know what you think. Only thing I really need to replace is the ugly case power switch adapter.

BTW my older pics are here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/86-case-pics-175.html#post584988

Supergrover

Zip ties and time and patience is all thats needed, yes i know they suck for hiding shit but quite a few things i see that could be cleaned up with so tie and zip-ties or better sleeving.
Dont get me wrong it is just you brought up cable management.

Silent_Avenger

You should have a look at my pcx2000 only one way to route since clearance behind the MB is 1-2mm, is down the rear front, ie : deep front. It is back a few pages but still one hell of a clean build.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/548558-post1649.html

IDK I still see a jumble of wires at the top of the case there. :haha: j/k That's a really clean build.

I do see what you mean however I don't want to bother sleeving a non modular power supply it's just not worth it. Probably would have had a little better cable management with a fully modular PSU though and proper length SATA cables. :blarg: Maybe someday.

Silent Avenger... the Coolermaster Stacker 830 was probably the worst lol
Oh yea I forgot about that case. You think it wouldn't have hurt for CM to add an extra cm or two behind the mobo tray. Not like it's really gonna matter for a full tower case anyways.

Supergrover

IDK I still see a jumble of wires at the top of the case there. :haha: j/k That's a really clean build.

I do see what you mean however I don't want to bother sleeving a non modular power supply it's just not worth it. Probably would have had a little better cable management with a fully modular PSU though and proper length SATA cables. :blarg: Maybe someday.
If you can what I would do with those satas is get them at the right bend coming off the mobo all laying flat against each other and then either sleeve it split loom it or just plainzipties. You can add the rest of those wire or most of them to to the "bundle. Just kept it clean and symmetrical/not all twisted up and it would look sharp even ziped. Just IMo and maybe you didnt see it.

You should see what you cant, a shit ton of spare cable is stuffed up in the odd bays along with Satas/molex and fan wires. but almost all the sata/molex/powerfans/ect I/O run down that back little corner on way to go from chamber to chamber, PITA.

Silent_Avenger

If you can what I would do with those satas is get them at the right bend coming off the mobo all laying flat against each other and then either sleeve it split loom it or just plainzipties. You can add the rest of those wire or most of them to to the "bundle. Just kept it clean and symmetrical/not all twisted up and it would look sharp even ziped. Just IMo and maybe you didnt see it.

You should see what you cant, a shit ton of spare cable is stuffed up in the odd bays along with Satas/molex and fan wires. but almost all the sata/molex/powerfans/ect I/O run down that back little corner on way to go from chamber to chamber, PITA.
Like I said I would need proper length sata cables since the ones I have are a little short and don't allow for proper cable management(gotta work with what I have) also getting right angle sata cables wouldn't work either because the cable would be pointing up instead of down on this board(really stupid design by MSI).

Latest posts

Twitter