What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

MarshallX

its all 8 banks for the processors. its dual branch each with dual channel, in effect, quad channel. and now the cpus have their own link to the MCH unlike previous xeons which shared a bus. so its pretty nice. this board maxes out at 32GB. its pretty good except the MCH is passively cooled and gets kinda hot (45C ) so i had to screw that lil fan on there. the ESB2 southbridge and PXH also get pretty warm so ive gotta try and find more 40mm fans or a bigger heatsink for them. but i think ill be more creative with my other xeons, ill water cool it all. just need to find nocona waterblocks. any ideas where?

sswilson

Staff member
Miso's the guy around here with the WC contacts....

Hopefully he'll be around sometime to point you in the right direction.

MarshallX

awesome, i like the look of the GTX. Ill get 2 of those, now i have to find some block that will mount to the PHX since that lil bugger gets a bit warm. warm enough i cant hold my finger on it. Its the small silver heatsink in the bottom.

Attachments

MarshallX

id say a better heatsink, unless theres a really slim waterblock that could mount there and not be in the way of the PCI-X slots. if anything but a half length card was installed in them they would be blocked. i suppose that if i wanted a block for that it would definetly be a custom jobby.

MarshallX

its actually got loops. just like the MCH. however the MCH has the loops 1cm further apart so i cant even move that heatsink down and put a waterblock on the MCH. best i could do is attach maybe a really mini fan or mini custom waterblock on there or maybe a heatpipe or something. i dunno, thats all ive got.