What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

BrainEater

It's a lian-Li pc65.

Or it was....I've rebuilt it from scratch 3 or 4 times , and it's been heavily modded.

Lithotech

Roger that.. :thumb: Would a [FONT=Helvetica, Helv, Arial]1/2"W x 7ft be ok for just a pc?..[/FONT]
The 1/2" you only use for very heavy lines like the main ATX cable. So 7FT of it would be enough for 3 PSUs/PCs - depending on the line length, usually long ATX lines are no more than 24" and more often about 19-20". I assume this is the split braid sleeve?

With 10FT of the 1/4" you'd first think it would barely be enough for one unit when you add up all the line lengths. But in practice, I've never used a whole bag of 10FT on a single system, and usually have so much left over I could easily do a second system. Considering I don't use it on the SATA cables, and often use the 1/2" split braid for the ATX 12v 4pin and PCI-e lines, all you are covering is the molex. Then calculate that you don't use the exact line length because it stops short of the connector to allow for the shrink tube, and in the end you use 2-4 FT depending on how many lines the PSU has. Plenty left over to use on the front panel wires, fan tails, etc.

Lithotech

Thx !!

You are in fact correct.They are 'hardlines'.Fully grounded copper tubing.

The lines I've done so far : atx 12v 4 wire , external power for 8800GTX , IDE1 and cd , 2x USB lines.
That stuff looks fantastic! Absolutely the best presentation I've ever seen! It's exactly what I've been looking for...

I've sort of knocked around the idea of using metal conduit off and on for a while, and my main problem has always been that it looks crappy becuase of the galvanised or cast metal. Painting would work, plain black or even some of the new paints available. I though of using copper water or gas pipe, but couldn't figure a good way to join the pieces. I was also concerned about conductivity issues, and put it off.

These are grounded, takes care of that! Looks brilliant!

Outstanding work my friend, makes anything else look amature! :clap::punk:

Question about your Sata power lines, I assume you custom made them? Where did you get the blue connectors? I love the tight spacing between them, perfect, not a single bend in the wire. :thumb:

BrainEater

Hehe , thanks !! :biggrin:

Yep.The SATA power connectors are custom.I made 90% of the connectors in the case from scratch with new parts.

The connectors are from frozenCPU , they are actually black bodies with blue 'endcaps' ;

Theblackmages

I decided I'd do a bit more cable management even if i don't have a side window, so here goes:

Note that I still haven't receive my HD3870, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

omgwtf

I can't do nothing in my silverstone...probably glue the cables somewhere lol..last time i'm buying a case from them.

Lithotech

I decided I'd do a bit more cable management even if i don't have a side window, so here goes:

Note that I still haven't receive my HD3870, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.
Nice work!

No exhaust fan?? My dremel is itching to cut out the grating there, and put in one of Scythe's silent Slipstream fans... say the SY1225SL12SH! Which spins at 1900rpm, 110CFM and only 37dB -- then slow it down with the motherboard or a fan controller, to around 800-1200rpm and 10-20dB and should still get around 40-70CFM. :D No need for an intake with that sucker... no pun intended lol! :haha:

Latest posts

Twitter