What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

Evilyeti

I still have to install a couple more Noctua's, and I'm thinking since its so dark inside my case sitting on my desk that i might buy a red cold cathode or maybe a black light.

mattlef

I still have to install a couple more Noctua's, and I'm thinking since its so dark inside my case sitting on my desk that i might buy a red cold cathode or maybe a black light.
What a clean look man. Great Cable management. I personally think that a single red cathode would make the entire thing pop... two would be too much.... and I'd try to mute the cathode a bit, somehow

1Tanker

What a clean look man. Great Cable management. I personally think that a single red cathode would make the entire thing pop... two would be too much.... and I'd try to mute the cathode a bit, somehow
I agree Matt... nice cable-management Evilyeti...and i think the red CCFL would look ominous. :biggrin:

Lithotech

Upgraded my home server / antispyware & virus scanner / HD prep machine. Swapped out the PSU yesterday. Originally planned 2gigs XMS 6400C4 Pro ram, but they are giving me Memtest test-6 errors at stock auto, had to pull them to test them in a different system -- might keep the 4x Firestix in there, like the look.

When I have the cash, I plan to add a 500GB drive and load Windows Home Server on it, running that for when it's other duties are not needed.

The optical is an IDE, so I can keep all the mobo sata headers free for HDs.

Couple fan RPM adapters are too short, will have to deal with that eventually.

The HD bay is cool, my bro timed me putting in a drive and connecting it, including removing the fan up front, 20 seconds and ready to boot!

It'll hold 8 hard drives in the lower two bays, and one more (two if I need) up top, but I still need to get the second lower bay (it's an optional). The PSU only has 6 sata pwr, and the mobo only 6 sata headers, so I can get by without the second bay. The empty bay works as a great wind tunnel, quite the breeze coming through it.

Currently benching it at 3GHz @ 1.45 vcore, pretty fast for Intel's younger CPU. No need for more speed with this system. It can game if I need, and plenty of dual core power for running virus scans. Load temps a bit hot for the CPU at this speed, the HSF is going to hold it back from much faster. She needs the voltage at this point, and I don't like to add much more than 1.45V. Last system the CPU was in, 2.7GHz was the top speed for stock voltage, same is this mobo.

Specs:
  • Asus P5K Premium WIFI/AP Black Pearl
  • E2180 2.0GHz / 800MHz / 1MB
  • Thermalright XP-120 w/ Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000rpm 130cfm
  • 4 x 512MB Buffalo FireStix PC2-8000 DDR2-1000 FSX1000D2C-K1G
  • eVGA GeForce 7900GT w/ Arctic Cooling Accellero & 120mm Yate Loon 800rpm
  • Hitachi 7K160 80gig Sata2
  • Soon to add: Seagate 500GB Sata2 7200.11 32MB
  • Corsair 550VX PSU
  • Enlight SR506 4unit Pedestal Server Chassis
  • 2 x 90mm Zalman intake
  • 120mm Scythe S-Flex Exhaust
  • Sunbeam 4 port fan controller
Testing on the HSPC Tech Station:

In the Case:

Infiniti

Since I got ideas from here for building my next system, I think that I should post my system. :thumb:

Specs in sig.

Sorry for the blurry pic, but I was using the phone camera, my other cameras are ALL dead.. :doh:

Latest posts

Twitter