What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

Lithotech

Hello,

Here is a pic of my case. Just did the cable management. Let me know what you guys think, and if i should change anything.

Thanks
Computergeek

What's the adapter for on the main ATX cable?

I don't mind the cable run up there, kinda like it except the PCIe and ATX adapter. But it would look cleaner if completely out of view. :thumb:

I'd try running all the lines out the lowest hole beside the HD. Then the PCIe comes straight back through the next hole up, to tag the vid card. The main ATX line can use the top of the same hole, or bottom of the third hole to come out and tag the mobo. The HD sata pwr comes right back out the bottom hole to tag the HD, and the second sata line runs right to the top and back down to tag the opticals (like it is now, cept behind the drive bays).

You will find the sata data and usb cables much more visible now. They will easily follow the same routes through the holes, or hide them through the smaller holes you used to tie the power cables.

The front panel wires should tuck under the mobo and disappear into nowhere. Fan tails too. Instead of using the big holes for entering small wires, use the smaller holes that you used to tie the cable run with. Bring them out there, then under the mobo till where they need to connect.

The 8 pin EPS is always a problem with lower mounted PSUs. Unless you have a hole up top where it can come out, you can't run it on the back side. It is too thick to safely run under the mobo in most cases, and always is an eyesore if run on top of the mobo. The only good thing about running it over top of the video card, is easy removal. :biggrin:

Very nice system BTW! Bet she's a joy to work in! :clap:

silverchair

Thanks guys!

Its not "really clean" though, BTW, after i got my price at coolermaster, (im the first one who won in the pixel contest) i tried my price (HYPER-TX2) to my case, so i got a chance to clean my zalman cooler (Thanks for the water,salt and vinegar, my zalman cooler looks good as new!)

Heres some of the pics,

Lithotech

So running the I/O panel cords under the mobo is fine?
Yes. Basically, anything that won't get pricked or pinched by the mobo solder points. An 8 pin EPS or PCIe cable is a little too thick IHMO. It also depends on the mobo, and where you are running it... may be clear there.

I just wish the standard hieght for standoffs was 1/16th inch higher.

Phobia

hahah. Thats my 8800gts lying ontop of my 9800GX2. :p I really have not had time/felt like dis-assembling my loop, so i just took it out and layed it ontop of my 9800gx2

Twitter