What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

miggs78

Weird guy lol... Why not first remove the block, that takes the card out, and slowly and gently start..

Hi guys......Mines is cheapo compared to your home jobs....I hope to build when I get my lawsuit done from mva....but till then I have to put up with this HP M8000n......a lil pimped up eh!

cwestwell

Nicely done....you have to replace "home made" with "custom maple" ad a little smug effect...you know

sswilson

Staff member
I am on my home made tech station for the time being... :biggrin:

Couple of questions....

Is that a "removable" motherboard tray, or did you cut it out of a case? It's certainly something that a lot of our members might be interested in trying.

I'm also curious about the card rack you've got there.... did you manufacture that yourself, or is it also part of a case.

Either way.... looks like a fully functional top deck testbed. Great job!!!

MacJunky

Is that a "removable" motherboard tray, or did you cut it out of a case? It's certainly something that a lot of our members might be interested in trying.
I bet that is a removable mobo tray. On the back end there are tabs for either an individual back panel to slide on and be secured or to slide into a part of the back of the case itself with non-removable back panel. It also has tabs on the front side for screws to secure it in the case.
I'm also curious about the card rack you've got there.... did you manufacture that yourself, or is it also part of a case.
I bet that is homemade as it lacks screw holes for each slot. And notice how he bolted the cards in, the holes are not tapped. (I would have just used a screw and a nut as well, I do not like tapping holes much)
When compared with the mobo tray it looks like a different type of metal as well.

Please note that I am not trying to insult this setup and I would have done something pretty similar mobo&card mounting wise.

Lithotech

Most non-removable mobo trays will remove without cutting, in older cheap cases especially. I have a few of them lying around here, I never toss an old case without first yanking stuff like that. I have one good one I use when my HSPC is already in use with another system. The rest are for if I get inspired by something like what Lima has done. :D

The PCI brace looks great, firm and sturdy. Must have been tricky to get the exact hieght and drill the holes in the exact spot.

I love the extra size of the wood platform it is on, and the cable routing hole.

Latest posts

Twitter