What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

Eagle Eye

Here's mine, as you can see the bottom bracket is completely gone, I like the extra room to work with. As for HDD cooling just modded my case slightly to accomodate a front 120 mm fan. I have plans to have this case completely done in all black or I just might consider getting an Antec P182SE really depends on the cost. I think with a black background it would look awesome and help hide the imperfections.

Cheers,

EE

Attachments

cork45

Very nice i think the black background would be sweet, I might try that myself but i'm going to wait for the P183, How's the noise off the fan's compared to the tri cools, I was all akasa's but the tri cools move a lot more air so i swapped back.

Cptn Vortex

Tri-cools are POO. Noctua's great, but those are ugly colour... So far my fav are Scythe S-flex, and the Zalmans or yates are great for cheap fans.

1Tanker

Very nice cork45. Great job on cable-management. BTW....welcome to HWC. :biggrin:

cork45

Thanks for the welcome 1Tanker it a nice site.
The sound off the tri cools is poo but they move a hell of a lot of air, the noctua's colour isn't for everyone i guess, I love the look of sharkoon fans myself.

Eagle Eye

The noise between the Noctua's and the Tri-cool was like night and day, but I won't dispute that the tricools have better airflow just the noise for me was a little too much.

Yeah I completely forgot welcome to the forums :canadianwave:, hope you stick around we're a nice bunch.

No need for the mod on the P183, its already done for you.

Attachments

cwestwell

I need to take some updated pics of my desk setup and my Big Tower with the New fans but here are the pics from my work log from awhile back. One on left is my current tower one on right is the Hand me down/upgrade Girlfriends PC's

NightRain

So I finally upgraded my PC after about 3 years of no real change. My former system was an AMD S939 3800+ X2, Asus A8v Deluxe Mobo, 2GB DDR400, ATI X800 All in Wonder AGP card. I replaced it with a new Intel Core i7 920, Asus P6T Deluxe X58 Mobo, 6GB DDR3-10666 OCZ XMP RAM, Asus ATI 4870 1GB Dark Knight PCI-E video and a couple of new SATA DVD-RW to replace my old IDE ones.

When I got it all i wasn't happy with how tight the graphics card was in my very nice Lian Li PC-68 mid tower case so I decided to get a new case even though I loved my PC-68. I just got my new Lian Li V1010B today and have everything installed.

I've still got a few upgraded to complete but I'll do those later. I plan on replaced some of my HDD. I currently have a 320GB SATAII for my OS and another 320GB SATAII for storage. Along with two 200GB SATA drives and a 320GB IDE HDD I use for temp storage when working on various projects. I play on keeping the 320GB SATAII for my OS and using my other 320GB SATAII for my temp storage and replacing my other three drives (720GB total) with a single 1.5TB SATAII HDD. I also plan on replacing my extremely old Creative Labs Audigy X-Gamer card from 7 or 8 years ago with a new PCI-E card. Still trying to decide on with one to get but I'm leaning towards the AzuenTech Forte. Finally I plan on adding a Blu-Ray writer, a second GPU in Crossfire, and an additional 6GB of memory for 12GB total, that that won't be until late 2009 at best.

I'd also like to get some black Lian-Li aluminum bezels to hide the DVD-RW drives but I'm not sure if the ones I've seen are compatible with my new case, I don't think they are.

Anyway here are some shots of my new PC tower, please give me your opinions. I think I did a pretty darn good job with the cable management so I didn't restrict any airflow.

Latest posts

Twitter