What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

Toronto122

Is that a thermaltake cooler? How are the temps on the i7 and have you overclocked it yet?
So far, it runs stable at 3.8ghz...
BUT...the fan has to be up about half way (making it pretty loud).

As for temps, it idles around 41c at 3.8, and under a bit of load (gaming) it hits about 55c. Nothing really that stressful.

I'm going to go for the Noctura (sp??) cooler with the turd brown fans! LOL

Toronto122

Run 8 instances of prime95 or LinX - A simple Linpack interface - XtremeSystems Forums and it will give a better idea of whats that cooler is really capable of.

You're making the right move by switching to the Noctua and no making fun of the turd brown fans. I have 6 in my system once you fire them up you'll wish you had more.

Regards,

EE
I'll do that tonight...
I kinda like the turd brown fans, they're unique...

I'll see how long it's stable for with prime...

Lithotech

Website
www.esnips.com
I know it doesn't really matter but how well can you see through the mesh on the side of the HAF case?
Without extra internal lighting, the mesh is pretty much solid dark. I added some red cold cathode tubes to mine and the mesh becomes much more visible. The problem is, the fan also becomes much more visible, and dominates the side panel.

Nevertheless, internal components become slightly visible, and the case has a glow that lets it stand out more on my desk. Components are also more visible from the window.

The window is actually in a good position, showing the HSF and ram areas of (most) mobos.

MacJunky

Why not just paint the fan's housing/the outside part that does not move black or something? Then you can have your poo-fans but they would not be standing out as much.

1Tanker

Why not just paint the fan's housing/the outside part that does not move black or something? Then you can have your poo-fans but they would not be standing out as much.
Or just don't maintain the fans, and eventually all the dust will cover the poopy color. Dust-grey looks better, IMO. :rofl:

Eagle Eye

Speaking of Noctua, although it was mentioned in another thread a while back for those that purchase any noctua product you can request PR material for free.

Simply scan your invoice (JPG. format) of the Noctua product purchase and enter in your mailing address and you'll a bunch of free Noctua stuff. Mine is already on the way.

View it here: Noctua.at - sound-optimised premium components "Designed in Austria"!

Bubbzilla

Really old pc ressurected

This is an old P3 machine that I just put together. (mostly for fun). I can't believe it actually works... What is this case? I paper tray, duct tape, and zip ties. But any ways, i want to use it to run firefox, and mabye skype. It has a sound card, network card, video card, and USB. All i need is a harddrive.

My first question is, can it run using ONLY an external harddrive?
My second question is: I want to put linux on it. Which one should i use?