What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Pics

The MAX

This is an old P3 machine that I just put together. (mostly for fun). I can't believe it actually works... What is this case? I paper tray, duct tape, and zip ties. But any ways, i want to use it to run firefox, and mabye skype. It has a sound card, network card, video card, and USB. All i need is a harddrive.

My first question is, can it run using ONLY an external harddrive?
My second question is: I want to put linux on it. Which one should i use?

Nice!
It can run off an external (usb) hard drive if the mobo is able to boot from usb. As far as I know this is a fairly new thing and your P3 board probably doesn't have it. I'm sure a quick google search would answer that question.
As for linux, I like Ubuntu. Its pretty much my main OS right now. Only use XP for gaming and news servers.

Caldezar

OMG! I'm laughing so hard at this thought; you've duct-taped the MB down, and you're considering an external HDD because why? You can't bring yourself to tape down a HDD or just rest it on the bottom shelf? LoL!

Oh man... Amidst the flood of custom cases and mods popping up everywhere, I love that the coolest case I've seen so far is duct-taped together on a plastic tray... how Canadian is that!? Great job Bubb!

*Edit* - This would make a great contest for HWC to run... Build the 'best' functioning PC using only ordinary household items. Members could vote, winner could get a roll of duct-tape . =P

sswilson

Staff member
I love how the CDRom is period as well...

They just don't make them like that any more!!! :) (I think I've got a 1X around here somewhere though...... :) ).

As far as flashing the bios goes... you're going to have to make a floppy boot disk for that.

sswilson

Staff member
Out of a walkman :punk:
Heh.... it's not that old. :)

I was running a CoCo when I bought my first "walk"man. It was pretty bulky, but it must admit it was a hell of a lot better than lugging around that "portable" 8 track player....... :)

cwestwell

Is that a Dell Quiet Key I see there or just a really ugly old standard keyboard....I only ask because I though they only made the Quiet Key in D5 connectors....anyway that's all

Bubbzilla

I only said external hardrive cause I don't have an IDE harddrive and I refuse to spend any money on this thing. But I think I can get one from a friend

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter